5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 inch air suspension lift

Reaction score
Looks great! A couple of questions if you dont mind.
Any difference in ride quality?
What about the air suspension settings working properly?
Thanks!
So the quality of ride is wonderful, I mean you cannot tell the difference except the height difference in taking turns. My depth perception had to change because of the height but I got used to it. As far as the air bags, no effect. The bags still work. Original with the bags and no lift the Truck came to 3" max height, now with the 5" lift, I get a total of 8" height all the way up. I hope that explains a little.

bwood

Reaction score
So the quality of ride is wonderful, I mean you cannot tell the difference except the height difference in taking turns. My depth perception had to change because of the height but I got used to it. As far as the air bags, no effect. The bags still work. Original with the bags and no lift the Truck came to 3" max height, now with the 5" lift, I get a total of 8" height all the way up. I hope that explains a little.

Glad to hear you love the ride? Can I ask a couple of questions though..... this is the RC 5" lift for air ride Rams?? And do you know your clearance when in middle two air settings? I need to make sure I can still fit in parking decks.

bwood

Reaction score
Okay.....so ordered the RC 5" lift kit and will have it installed on Monday 8/5 with Fuel 22" wheels and Nitto 35" tires. Will post pics and hope to get measurements before and after for those interested

Cas5481

Reaction score
Okay.....so ordered the RC 5" lift kit and will have it installed on Monday 8/5 with Fuel 22" wheels and Nitto 35" tires. Will post pics and hope to get measurements before and after for those interested
cant wait to see it.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
seems like with 8 inches of lift you would run 37s maybe even 38s with trimming

Carlos22sforces

Reaction score
Hey everyone had a quick question I currently have a limited NOT 4x4 running on 22x12s with 35s American forces been waiting on a lift kit but seen a couple of guys talked about buying it without being 4x4! Is that something that can work on my truck?

eyler34

Reaction score
What is everyone's experiencing for a derate in fuel economy? I'm expecting some, but would like to get an idea of how much.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
What is everyone's experiencing for a derate in fuel economy? I'm expecting some, but would like to get an idea of how much.
I was getting an average of 17 ish before lift and tires. With the RC lift and 35 Atturos, I'm closer to 14, but both of those averages are heavy city. On a long Hwy trip, with the new setup, I was closer to 19, but I've got a bit of a lead foot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
Can anyone else who did this lift to their trucks please chime in about ride quality and overall impressions on the look, quality, durability of the RC lift for the air ride trucks. I want to do this same thing to my truck but looking for more details and pics too please.. thanks

Bigbeard80

Reaction score
Hi there
I am french
I don't understand why the kit is ok for a 4wd ram and not for awd...... 🤔
I have a 2020 limited with air suspension, and I would like to put it on my truck but what is the problem if i ride in 4wd position?? 🤦🏻‍♂️
Thanks

Brazen LTD

Reaction score
Can anyone else who did this lift to their trucks please chime in about ride quality and overall impressions on the look, quality, durability of the RC lift for the air ride trucks. I want to do this same thing to my truck but looking for more details and pics too please.. thanks

This might help if you haven’t seen already, he gives alot of info on his thoughts about the RC on air suspension;

Brazen LTD

Reaction score
So I am looking at getting the 5” RC lift and want to use Ridge grappler 325/60r20 on 20x10 -18 Fuel wheels.

The 325’s aren’t readily available here in Australia so I may either have to use 35x12.5 or go to the 35x13.5.

Can anyone verify if a 35x13.5 on a 20x10 wheel would fit??

The 325’s work out to be 35.4x12.8”, so is it a similar result to use the 35x13.5?? Half an inch wider rather than higher squeezed on the same rim, I thought might work.

Last edited:

Brazen LTD

Reaction score

Are you able to report back on how it went? Any rubbing with this setup?? Did you go with -19 offset?

Users who are viewing this thread