5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 inch air suspension lift

th3duke

Reaction score
I know a lot of you have been waiting for a lift for the air suspension. Rough Country just put theirs up on their site.

https://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-suspension-lift-kit-338c.html

I would imagine others will follow shortly.

Not good for Rebel owners based on these notes: I'm wondering if it's suspension components that are different or if it's related to the 18" wheels. It also appears that if you got the OR package you're pooched too.

NOTES
- IMPORTANT
  • ONLY fits models with factory air ride suspension.
  • Does NOT fit Rebel models
  • Does NOT fit 2019 "classic" models (5-lug)
  • Kit is not recommended for AWD models.
  • "TRX" models will achieve approximately 1" of additional lift.
  • Requires 20" or larger wheels! Does NOT fit 18" or smaller wheels.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not good for Rebel owners based on these notes: I'm wondering if it's suspension components that are different or if it's related to the 18" wheels. It also appears that if you got the OR package you're pooched too.

NOTES
- IMPORTANT
  • ONLY fits models with factory air ride suspension.
  • Does NOT fit Rebel models
  • Does NOT fit 2019 "classic" models (5-lug)
  • Kit is not recommended for AWD models.
  • "TRX" models will achieve approximately 1" of additional lift.
  • Requires 20" or larger wheels! Does NOT fit 18" or smaller wheels.
Good point. That would be due to the redesigned knuckle to keep everything in line. Rebel owners will have to get new wheels. Wonder if any other lift manufacturers will be able to pull that one off.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The nice thing about this kit is the front spacer has a channel in the center to allow mud and debris to flow out and not get trapped and submerge the air fitting in mud/debris.

Hopefully the other manufacturers will do something similar.

RC lift kit air ride.JPG

flynncoj

Reaction score
I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you on these kits. I realize that this is for the 4WD model. I have a RWD Limited and was hoping to level the truck. Does the release of this kit mean that a level or lift kit should be possible with the RWD version soon?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you on these kits. I realize that this is for the 4WD model. I have a RWD Limited and was hoping to level the truck. Does the release of this kit mean that a level or lift kit should be possible with the RWD version soon?

• Kit is NOT recommended for AWD models.
This is exactly for guys like you!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone interested, it is on sale on eBay for the moment.

$1304.96 and there is also a 10% off code good through tomorrow for up to $100 off.

warmachine

Reaction score
I just got an enail back from BDS and they are hoping to have their air suspension kit out for the first of the year

19 streak

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited to see the first one all put together.

19 streak

Reaction score
Well mine should arrive before the end of the week and installed shortly afterwards. I will get pictures posted after it’s done.

I've been trying to be responsible and hold off until someone gives feedback. But the inner child in me just says buy it lol

Users who are viewing this thread