5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 generation ram Laramie turn tail light

Jimtt22

Reaction score
Hello. I was hoping I could get some advice. I ship rams to Europe. I have just bought 2020 ram Laramie.
The rear brake lights and turn signal is the same led.
For example. When you brake then hit the turn signal. The side you turn brake light goes out and has turn signal only.
This is illegal for Europe.
Is there anyway to keep both brake lights on when the turn signal is on

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello. I was hoping I could get some advice. I ship rams to Europe. I have just bought 2020 ram Laramie.
The rear brake lights and turn signal is the same led.
For example. When you brake then hit the turn signal. The side you turn brake light goes out and has turn signal only.
This is illegal for Europe.
Is there anyway to keep both brake lights on when the turn signal is on
I always thought the law just stated you have to have two working brake lights and amber turn signals. Wouldn’t the one tail light brake signal, and the center high mount stop lamp cover the requirement?

Otherwise, no, not without adding separate amber turn signals and using the turn signal wire from the tail light connector to run them.
You would then still need to use AlfaOBD to turn off the separated brake lamp drop out feature.

Because of the LED board layout, if you shut off the separated brake lamp dropout, when the brakes are applied, the turn signal will flash “amber-red-amber-red…”. This is actually the behavior when people swap in the LED tails from halogens and claim it was plug and play, unbeknownst to them that the signal isn’t flashing “amber-off-amber-off…”

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/