5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 chimes after remote start

Neokane

Reaction score
Any clue why my 2019 ram rebel started chiming at me after a remote start?
Truck starts, get in, hit the button, chimes 5 times. No warning messages, nothing.

kind of at a loss.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No clue, but am looking forward to hearing what you find out.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve always thought that was the seatbelt chime . Try to put your seatbelt on before hitting the start button and see if it still does it .

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Extra chimes on my 2008 bighorn meant low tire pressure. 1 chime is normal after the seat belt three.
Each tire low is another chime.

Malodave

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Extra chimes on my 2008 bighorn meant low tire pressure. 1 chime is normal after the seat belt three.
Each tire low is another chime.

Malodave
Wouldn't you expect to see a corresponding message (Low Tire Pressure, Windshield Washer Fluid, etc.) appear in the Message menu?

My memory may be faulty, but I think I once started the engine and heard an extra chime and looked down and saw the Windshield Washer icon illuminated in the cluster.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 043978 miles.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every error gets a chime, But if the TPMS light is out I would only hear the extra chimes.
Just something to check.

Malodave

Neokane

Reaction score
So, I believe it is the seat belt chime.
I have it disabled, but when I remote start the truck, if I push the button before I buckle up, it chimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online