5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 channel amp install question for base 6 speaker system

PeteyK49

Reaction score
Hey. I want to upgrade my base 6 speaker system w/anc. I already have the anc bypassed. It’s tapped to for a hi input for my powered sub. After 2 years I want more. I’d like to get a 5 channel amp to power the front and rear speakers as well as a new sub. I have faitalpro 8ohm speakers in the dash already. I’d like to give my dash and door speakers a little power as well as getting a real sub.

What amps are you guys running and how do you wire it up? I’ve read a lot of threads and it’s confusing for my simple mind. If I get the appropriate LOC with 5 channels, do I splice back into my anc bypass for each of the 6 speakers? Or should I just get aftermarket 2ohm 6x9’s, not power them and a mono block amp setup? I see net audio makes an anc bypass with a PAC already wired up for $150.

I’m looking for an easy solution without spending an arm and a leg is possible. I’m just not happy with the volume of my dash and door speakers. I also want more thump… can anyone help out a simple fellow that is handy for the most part? Thanks !

dcman

Reaction score
Why dont you use a 4 channel amp with a pre out and then just keep your powered sub. If your powered sub is ran with 4awg you can just tap from there for power. May be cheaper for you dependng n what you want to o

PeteyK49

Reaction score
Why dont you use a 4 channel amp with a pre out and then just keep your powered sub. If your powered sub is ran with 4awg you can just tap from there for power. May be cheaper for you dependng n what you want to o
I’ve since added a shallow 12” and am now finishing installing 2 sundown 10’s. Seat lift, sound deadening etc. last night I ended up ordering an audio control lc7i setup from net audio ($400) so I can finally run both amps cleanly and easily. Hopefully I can get it working installed next week

Users who are viewing this thread