5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 additional gallons of gas?

renzo2213

Reaction score
So I was looking through the build sheet of my truck out of curiosity, and at the very bottom I saw that it says, “5 additional gallons of gas.” Now, is that just them adding 5 gallons for delivery to the dealership or is there a “reserve” tank no one really knows about?

By the way, I have the 23 gallon tank, so it can’t be 5 additional on top of the 23 for it to be a 26-33 gal tank

551d55415478f7b431c27aaf68b55777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renzo2213

Reaction score
They have to put some gas in the thing so it can be moved around and loaded on and off a train and the car carrier. A good dealer will sell it with a full tank.

Yea they sold it to me with a full tank, I had a feeling that that’s what the 5 gallons was for but I figured I’d ask, as these things are full of surprises such as missing screws that hold your dash to the firewall lol

Kygene63

Reaction score
So I was looking through the build sheet of my truck out of curiosity, and at the very bottom I saw that it says, “5 additional gallons of gas.” Now, is that just them adding 5 gallons for delivery to the dealership or is there a “reserve” tank no one really knows about?

By the way, I have the 23 gallon tank, so it can’t be 5 additional on top of the 23 for it to be a 26-33 gal tank

Omgosh these answers cracked me up. Your “low fuel warning“ will go off but you still have 5 Gallons of gas. Ever notice if you fill up as soon as you get the warning is doesn’t add up to how much it will take.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
They have to put some gas in the thing so it can be moved around and loaded on and off a train and the car carrier. A good dealer will sell it with a full tank.
I received a full tank of gas

Users who are viewing this thread