5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7L Hemi programmer for towing / mileage improvements?

rsuazo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Curious if anyone can recommend a programmer to help improve mileage while towing. I am looking for a safe, not-trying-to soup up my truck programmer to specifically help improve towing mileage. I have had programmers on diesels, but this is my first gasser and don't see lot of options, and most don't talk about mileage. Thanks for any and all input!

Bighorned

Reaction score
The only way to tune a 5th gen is to get a new unlocked ECM or get it unlocked by a programmer. The only plug and play ones out there are Pulsar which piggy backs to ECM. Has towing modes etc. check it out on Edge's site. Hope this helps.

rsuazo

Reaction score
The only way to tune a 5th gen is to get a new unlocked ECM or get it unlocked by a programmer. The only plug and play ones out there are Pulsar which piggy backs to ECM. Has towing modes etc. check it out on Edge's site. Hope this helps.
Yes, thank you for replying and sharing info!

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think any program will help you improve mileage when towing. The biggest thing you can do when towing to get mileage is to slow down.

Users who are viewing this thread