5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 Procharger Dyno Performance Results

Rebond

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of posting images online, but thought I'd share these results for those interested.

Install took about 3 days with plug changes to 1 degree colder and gap to .32. Also took a day to have it dynoed and tuned on a mustang dyno by a pro tuner shop in SC.

Purchased unlocked ECU and Trinity2 from Diablosport separately. 2022 Ram 1500 has 3.92 LSD.

+150 HP and +150 Ft. lbs. from stock. Dyno shows trans shift as these trucks can't hold a gear through a run. Took about 5 runs to get it dialed in. Stock which I don't have, but the tuner said is typically about 295 HP and 290 Ft lbs. to the wheels. It's a massive difference throughout the power band, but general drivability and mileage has remained similar to stock.

They're expensive units for sure, but the quality and results are well worth it. Most shops quoted me around $3,000-$4,000 for install, but most shade trees can handle it.

Pulling the front apart for intercooler, plugs, injectors and crank pin are the most difficult parts of install.

Attachments

• Ram Procharged dyno graph edit.jpg
    Ram Procharged dyno graph edit.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Ram engine Procharged.jpg
    Ram engine Procharged.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 199

Rebond

Reaction score
Forgot to add that the only other performance mods done to the truck at time of dyno were magnaflow muffler, 180 T-stat and catch can (helps reduce detonation, as well as carbon build up.) Tuned with 93 octane.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Forgot to add that the only other performance mods done to the truck at time of dyno were magnaflow muffler, 180 T-stat and catch can (helps reduce detonation, as well as carbon build up.) Tuned with 93 octane.
Similar gains with my original install if I remember right

Adjutant

Reaction score
I wish I had the guts to do that. I would love a jump in power like that.
Unfortunately, I drive alot for work (South Texas and Louisiana). I need my truck to be as reliable as humanly possible

Im not saying yours wont be reliable, just that I would be too stressed about it

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of posting images online, but thought I'd share these results for those interested.

Install took about 3 days with plug changes to 1 degree colder and gap to .32. Also took a day to have it dynoed and tuned on a mustang dyno by a pro tuner shop in SC.

Purchased unlocked ECU and Trinity2 from Diablosport separately. 2022 Ram 1500 has 3.92 LSD.

+150 HP and +150 Ft. lbs. from stock. Dyno shows trans shift as these trucks can't hold a gear through a run. Took about 5 runs to get it dialed in. Stock which I don't have, but the tuner said is typically about 295 HP and 290 Ft lbs. to the wheels. It's a massive difference throughout the power band, but general drivability and mileage has remained similar to stock.

They're expensive units for sure, but the quality and results are well worth it. Most shops quoted me around $3,000-$4,000 for install, but most shade trees can handle it.

Pulling the front apart for intercooler, plugs, injectors and crank pin are the most difficult parts of install.
Awesome and thank you for sharing do you have a draggy or have you timed your 0-60 ?

Any videos of the truck doing pulls?

Rebond

Reaction score
I wish I had the guts to do that. I would love a jump in power like that.
Unfortunately, I drive alot for work (South Texas and Louisiana). I need my truck to be as reliable as humanly possible

Im not saying yours wont be reliable, just that I would be too stressed about it
I did a lot of research on it prior to pulling the plug. They are very reliable and many have had Prochargers on stock engines for over 100,000 miles with zero issues.

They keep the Hemi's under 8 psi, so there's no issues. Youtube's Mopar Motorsports is running 15 psi torquestorm (very similar centrifugal supercharger at 15 psi on stock bottom end and has been drag racing around 10 psi for quite some time). Boosted Motorsports has some videos of installing a used Procharger on a 4th gen. As long as the tuning is well done and even Prochargers base tune is really good, there should be no issue.
Erik does some really good Procharger videos too. He's the tuner for them.

The big decision was to go positive displacement like a Whipple or centrifugal like Procharger. I didn't want to just burn my tires every time I hit the throttle, keep mileage, drivability and less wear on the engine. The Procharger is great in all these instances and gives more boost as the RPM's climb.
Whipple (like the hellcat motor, gives instant torque, runs hotter and is a bit harder on stock internals, but you can buy tires at will).

Mine is the D-1SC with 6 rib pulley and I had a little belt slip at high RPM's, so I put a GripTec pulley on it and completely solved that issue. With the hub, I can swap pulleys easily if I want now. I also recommend the greenback belt, which many guys run on their superchargers. It's factory on the new Demon 170.

It will still roast the tires with TSC off through 2nd and chirp into 3rd now on 3.92 LSD. 8spd trans tune helps a bunch too. The power is hard to describe, as throughout the power band it's just huge. I was shocked after getting it dyno tuned and getting on it the first time. It caught me by surprise and I was a bit more careful, until I got used to it. I didn't think it would be such a power difference. I doubt I'll own another truck without one now.

I have not done 0-60 times or 1/4 mile yet, even though my Trinity 2 can document those. There's not many places around here to test it other than an on ramp. Just too many houses and I try to respect others. I thought it was fast before and recently had some kid in another Ram messing with me (loud exhaust adds 100 hp ya know). He just puttered by after I dusted him like he was standing still.

It's a fun sleeper, other than the jet sound (it does have helical cut gears and still sounds very cool, the wife unit calls it my vacuum mod) and of course the loud whoosh when it comes off boost from the blowoff valve bleeding pressure.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a lot of research on it prior to pulling the plug. They are very reliable and many have had Prochargers on stock engines for over 100,000 miles with zero issues.

They keep the Hemi's under 8 psi, so there's no issues. Youtube's Mopar Motorsports is running 15 psi torquestorm (very similar centrifugal supercharger at 15 psi on stock bottom end and has been drag racing around 10 psi for quite some time). Boosted Motorsports has some videos of installing a used Procharger on a 4th gen. As long as the tuning is well done and even Prochargers base tune is really good, there should be no issue.
Erik does some really good Procharger videos too. He's the tuner for them.

The big decision was to go positive displacement like a Whipple or centrifugal like Procharger. I didn't want to just burn my tires every time I hit the throttle, keep mileage, drivability and less wear on the engine. The Procharger is great in all these instances and gives more boost as the RPM's climb.
Whipple (like the hellcat motor, gives instant torque, runs hotter and is a bit harder on stock internals, but you can buy tires at will).

Mine is the D-1SC with 6 rib pulley and I had a little belt slip at high RPM's, so I put a GripTec pulley on it and completely solved that issue. With the hub, I can swap pulleys easily if I want now. I also recommend the greenback belt, which many guys run on their superchargers. It's factory on the new Demon 170.

It will still roast the tires with TSC off through 2nd and chirp into 3rd now on 3.92 LSD. 8spd trans tune helps a bunch too. The power is hard to describe, as throughout the power band it's just huge. I was shocked after getting it dyno tuned and getting on it the first time. It caught me by surprise and I was a bit more careful, until I got used to it. I didn't think it would be such a power difference. I doubt I'll own another truck without one now.

I have not done 0-60 times or 1/4 mile yet, even though my Trinity 2 can document those. There's not many places around here to test it other than an on ramp. Just too many houses and I try to respect others. I thought it was fast before and recently had some kid in another Ram messing with me (loud exhaust adds 100 hp ya know). He just puttered by after I dusted him like he was standing still.

It's a fun sleeper, other than the jet sound (it does have helical cut gears and still sounds very cool, the wife unit calls it my vacuum mod) and of course the loud whoosh when it comes off boost from the blowoff valve bleeding pressure.
Sounds like a well thought out setup and reliable. I’m looking forward to some videos in the near future……

Crashmymax

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm jealous just ordered my whipple but its probably going to be a few months before I see it. I had the same issue debating over the whipple or pro charger but after seeing the smooth boost in action it was an easy decision. Cool truck any plans to go further with it or are you satisfied with what you have now?

Rebond

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I'm jealous just ordered my whipple but its probably going to be a few months before I see it. I had the same issue debating over the whipple or pro charger but after seeing the smooth boost in action it was an easy decision. Cool truck any plans to go further with it or are you satisfied with what you have now?
No problem. I couldn't find much info on real world experiences, so thought I'd share. I'm very pleased with it and doubt I'll do much more in the performance department. Which is why I think I'd just do a blower first if I purchased another vehicle. It's the most hp/tq cost effective mod you can do, it's just the huge initial investment is a big hurdle, especially since they've went up about $2-3K in 2 years....thanks Bid#$nomics!

They both have pro's and con's and I'm sure you'll be happy with the Whipple too. I wanted to install it myself and the positive displacement style blowers just seemed a bit more complicated.

You'll probably need stickier tires....there's a reason the TRX, Trackhawk and Durango SRT are AWD. I plan on getting some wider and stickier shoes myself. Watch Cleetus McFarland with his Whipple F150 and Trackhawk. He's a bit bonkers with Modding, but even with AWD can barely get them down the track straight.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2NRfHMoMYs

Definitely have to be careful in the rain. I didn't mean too, but on a rainy day into a 20 mph corner I over throttled and was sideways for a bit . I grew up in the snow and all winter we drove sideways for fun (small town with many back roads), but I could see if you don't have some experience it could catch people by surprise.

I'll probably have to toss some long tubes on it and have it tuned again, since FCA's record for fixing rear window leaks and manifold issues is to ignore them. The blatant corruption everywhere is wild to see, but they'll all answer for it one day.

Grats on the Whipple!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely have to be careful in the rain. I didn't mean too, but on a rainy day into a 20 mph corner I over throttled and was sideways for a bit . I grew up in the snow and all winter we drove sideways for fun (small town with many back roads), but I could see if you don't have some experience it could catch people by surprise.
Shoot, you can do that without any power adders.

Crashmymax

Reaction score
This is why my whipple is getting the smooth boost. I can run 0 boost if I want. Especially in bad weather or if my wife or kids are driving it.
This truck is the worst I've ever driven as far as traction at the rear wheels in rain, slush, and snow. I always feel like the rear end is trying to fishtail. Heck even over bumps! I'm wondering if it's the coils. It's also the nicest riding truck I've ever owned.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is why my whipple is getting the smooth boost. I can run 0 boost if I want. Especially in bad weather or if my wife or kids are driving it.
This truck is the worst I've ever driven as far as traction at the rear wheels in rain, slush, and snow. I always feel like the rear end is trying to fishtail. Heck even over bumps! I'm wondering if it's the coils. It's also the nicest riding truck I've ever owned.
The coil springs rear suspension would help prevent the rear end bouncing out over bumps. Tires play a big part in it. If you get a throttle controller you can turn down the sensitivity and help with the sudden power going to the wheels.

Rebond

Reaction score
Agree with you guys. Those are all factors for sure.

I saw that SmoothBoost controller on HHP when I was researching everything and it's a great idea, especially for a Whipple with all that instant torque.

I know there's a big debate about 3.21 vs 3.92 gears, but here's an instance where the 3.21 may be more practical for power delivery.

Rebond

Reaction score
Many of us on this site would love to have a TRX and some fortunate people do! That's awesome for those that can afford it. I had to save for a supercharger and install it myself for it to be affordable.

Not only the cost of the TRX (especially now), but higher insurance, registration and lower gas mileage made adding a supercharger to my Ram a much more justifiable option. No, it's still nothing like a TRX (mine's a quad cab/ 6.5 box/ 2wd night edition anyway), but it will put a smile on your face every time you hear the truck running and apply a bit of throttle.

So when your significant other complains about the cost, you can justify it by showing the costs of owning a TRX! Mine still thinks it's a dumb purchase and that's fine, as I don't get buying all the clothes, shoes and purses.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see 0-60 numbers. Just turn on performance pages on the evic and rip it from a stoplight to 60mpg then slow down.
My heavy truck is stuck at 5.9 seconds (consistently).

Crashmymax

Reaction score
Agree with you guys. Those are all factors for sure.

I saw that SmoothBoost controller on HHP when I was researching everything and it's a great idea, especially for a Whipple with all that instant torque.

I know there's a big debate about 3.21 vs 3.92 gears, but here's an instance where the 3.21 may be more practical for power delivery.
I have the 3.92 but I'm also 4 wheel drive. I'm definitely not new to boosted trucks my silverado made close 800 rwhp with twin turbos. Currently sitting in my driveway in need of a transmission and engine! I learned quickly to keep it in 4x4 even in the slightest amount of snow and even then you might be going for a ride. 4x4 launch was a must on my all season tires even though you sacrifice 10% or more power through the TC. This will be my first non factory SC experience so I can't wait! Not sure I'll ever do 4x4 launches in this truck I don't know enough about the ram powertrain and I can't afford 2 broken trucks. Honestly for the price I paid for my truck I can turn it into as much or more power then a trx and still save a pile of money.

Rebond

Reaction score
I have the 3.92 but I'm also 4 wheel drive. I'm definitely not new to boosted trucks my silverado made close 800 rwhp with twin turbos. Currently sitting in my driveway in need of a transmission and engine! I learned quickly to keep it in 4x4 even in the slightest amount of snow and even then you might be going for a ride. 4x4 launch was a must on my all season tires even though you sacrifice 10% or more power through the TC. This will be my first non factory SC experience so I can't wait! Not sure I'll ever do 4x4 launches in this truck I don't know enough about the ram powertrain and I can't afford 2 broken trucks. Honestly for the price I paid for my truck I can turn it into as much or more power then a trx and still save a pile of money.
Good for you man. I'm sure you'll be very happy with the supercharger and the instant boost compared to most turbos.

How the Ram drivetrain will hold up is probably up to how hard and often you launch it. Probably okay under 500 HP/TQ to the wheels, but after that is anyone's guess.

Asphalt_slayer

Reaction score
Dude that’s an awesome setup. With the transmission tune that you had done, any ideas if that will help extend the life of the trans? I’m asking because I really want a whipple and I’m no expert on this stuff at all. So I did some searching and it seems as if the trans on the 1500 5.7 is rated at around 500 to the input shaft. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. And I really want a whipple….but wouldn’t the blower push past the power for the breaking point for the trans?? I guess if you dialed back the boost like you did at 8 psi that would help right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online