5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 OEM vs GT Exhaust Comparison

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My resonators are c-9408, but muffler is c-9367.
here read this thread, its long but you ll have the info

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
both resonators are 9408?? as far as the muffler goes i think you have the regular one, the resonators you might have 1 or 2 gt ones
Both resonators, one is 9408L and the other 9408R

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it possible that my Limited was built with the GT exhaust, either by accident or due to supply chain issues? I ask because mine has a throaty sound like the GT in the video, and a co worker with a 2019 Laramie with 5.7 said my truck sounds louder than his. Unless the 2022 exhaust system is slightly different than 2019.
It’s possible. 2022 stock exhaust is no louder. I pulled mine off to do the switch to GT and it’s a very obvious difference. Stock exhaust was VERY quiet.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the GT exhaust kit the same as the Mopar exhaust kit that you can have installed as a dealer option????. Don’t remember if doesn’t have the resonators. Will need to look under my truck.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the GT exhaust kit the same as the Mopar exhaust kit that you can have installed as a dealer option????. Don’t remember if doesn’t have the resonators. Will need to look under my truck.
dont think they are the same but could but wrong

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I’m itching to get out & check the resonator numbers on my 22 hoping to see the GT’s on there so I can just buy the GT muffler hopefully & call it a day. Too damn cold & snowy but a few days will be nice. We’re going from negative temps to 60° before the week is over.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I’m itching to get out & check the resonator numbers on my 22 hoping to see the GT’s on there so I can just buy the GT muffler hopefully & call it a day. Too damn cold & snowy but a few days will be nice. We’re going from negative temps to 60° before the week is over.
really hope you do :)

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm…so I finally checked my resonators today & they are 9304. Didn’t see that number on this thread so maybe I have some further research to do. 🤷🏽‍♂️

TUFCAT

Reaction score
Is it possible that my Limited was built with the GT exhaust, either by accident or due to supply chain issues? I ask because mine has a throaty sound like the GT in the video, and a co worker with a 2019 Laramie with 5.7 said my truck sounds louder than his. Unless the 2022 exhaust system is slightly different than 2019.
I have a 2002 Laramie Sport Hemi (non e-tourqe) and mine is pretty throaty. I have a C-9367 Muffler. Right resonator is 9304-R Left resonator is 9304-L

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/