5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 OEM vs GT Exhaust Comparison

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Installed factory GT exhaust today. Put together a quick video to compare.

GT has perfect manners. Great cold start volume and tone. Nice bark when accelerating. Relaxed when cruising with ZERO drone. I expect the tone will improve with some miles.

Install took about 2 hours. Lowered spare tire and removed driver’s side tire heat shield. Made it much easier to guide pipe over the axle. Otherwise super easy job.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Very good vid @Yankee Echo . Anyone who is on the fence about this install should be able to make a decision whether its too loud/not loud enough for them. My experience was that the GT exhaust did get slightly deeper with time. Adding the 5" tips helped that even more ;)

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Do you have the parts list with part numbers for the GT system?

tomme12

Reaction score
Thats great! I have the 2022 Rebel... but didnt get the GT version. I like the add though.. may have to work on this upgrade. :)

tomme12

Reaction score
Have you noticed any performance or MPG plus or minus with the switch out? Thanks!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

GT has perfect manners. Great cold start volume and tone. Nice bark when accelerating. Relaxed when cruising with ZERO drone. I expect the tone will improve with some miles.

Install took about 2 hours. Lowered spare tire and removed driver’s side tire heat shield. Made it much easier to guide pipe over the axle. Otherwise super easy job.

Did you reuse stock tips?

I’m wanting the GT setup soon. I’m wondering if I can order it without the resonators & get the delete kit with some 5” tips. I have emissions in my state - do the resonators do anything for that or is it just noise reduction?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming since this is OE for some trucks there's no odd sound during MDS?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I’m wanting the GT setup soon. I’m wondering if I can order it without the resonators & get the delete kit with some 5” tips. I have emissions in my state - do the resonators do anything for that or is it just noise reduction?
The GT muffler and resonators work together - Since the resonators are part of what gives the GT its sound, you may want to consider just getting an aftermarket cat back system, or just cut the stock resonators off

Derrick_Cyr81

Reaction score
Can you take a picture of what the muffler looks like? I installed the ram performance exhaust on mine and it it just the muffler and tailpipes, there are no resonators on the tailpipes, I have a video of what it sounds like but I’m not sure how to load it.

Attachments

• C135FE3A-F08D-4F92-98DF-A6439F4B7C8B.jpeg
    C135FE3A-F08D-4F92-98DF-A6439F4B7C8B.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 43

Derrick_Cyr81

Reaction score
Can you take a picture of what the muffler looks like? I installed the ram performance exhaust on mine and it it just the muffler and tailpipes, there are no resonators on the tailpipes, I have a video of what it sounds like but I’m not sure how to load it.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Is it possible that my Limited was built with the GT exhaust, either by accident or due to supply chain issues? I ask because mine has a throaty sound like the GT in the video, and a co worker with a 2019 Laramie with 5.7 said my truck sounds louder than his. Unless the 2022 exhaust system is slightly different than 2019.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score

great video :--)

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score

for th gt exhaust you need 2 parts like mention in this thread,

one is the muffler assembly that include the exhaust all the way back with 1 resonator

the 2nd part , is the 2nd resonator assembly.

yes you could delet the gt resonator with the kit, that would.probably make the gt exhaust a little louder, but that route would cost you alot.... about 1k$ for gt exhause and another 400$ for the resonator delete kit...

for emissions, i dont know , but im guessing some states probably have different rules then others

Last edited:

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there is already a few threads in this forum about th GT exhaust with pictures, you can easely search it,
the exhaust is different in sound but looks exactly the same except for the code/part number thats stamped on it same for the resonators

tha stamp code is also available in the thread i mention

Loudram

Reaction score
Is it possible that my Limited was built with the GT exhaust, either by accident or due to supply chain issues? I ask because mine has a throaty sound like the GT in the video, and a co worker with a 2019 Laramie with 5.7 said my truck sounds louder than his. Unless the 2022 exhaust system is slightly different than 2019.
I was wondering that too. My new '22 is more throaty and louder than my '19 Classic I just traded in.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering that too. My new '22 is more throaty and louder than my '19 Classic I just traded in.
the only way to know is to go under and look at the stamp number on the muffler and both resonators, some have part of the gt exhaust...

to know the number stamp, just search this forum fot gt exhaust there is a different thread on this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread