5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 Ltr. 8 Speed Trans Cooling.

230KVDR

Reaction score
Just wanted to keep my 5.7's 8 speed transmission cooler . The exhaust pipe on most 5.7's run right underneath the 8 speed transmission and will induce a very decent amount of heat into the transmission through the transmission pan. My engine temperature runs in the vicinity of 210 to 214 average and the transmission temperature is very close to 205 to 210. Now my fix was wrapping a high quality (2,500 Degree) exhaust heat wrap (Summit Racing...or Jegs) as far from left to right on the exhaust pipe as it passes below the transmission.
Results where fantastic !! I waited to post my findings to make sure I got in many tests in varying conditions. At this time my transmission temperature is running 25 to 40 degrees cooler and sometimes a bit lower.
Follow the manufacture's instructions when installing. I soaked the Heat wrap in water and made half lap (overlaps) nice and tight. I also used 2 clamps on both ends and a clamp in the middle area. Aloha ! IMG_5184.jpg IMG_5196.jpg IMG_5201.jpg IMG_5204.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread