5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 hemi oil filter

Space_Truckin

Reaction score
Went to my local Chrysler dealership this morning to get an MO-339 oil filter for my ‘21 ram 1500. Out of stock. Back ordered.
Would like a recommendation on a premium oil filter to use. Normally I would go to NAPA and buy a wix filter, last time I did it was labeled as made in china. (For my ‘21 grand Cherokee 5.7 I traded in on truck)
I do not want something as important as an oil filter made in china…….
What are you OCD-types using for oil filters?
Thanks!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went to my local Chrysler dealership this morning to get an MO-339 oil filter for my ‘21 ram 1500. Out of stock. Back ordered.
Would like a recommendation on a premium oil filter to use. Normally I would go to NAPA and buy a wix filter, last time I did it was labeled as made in china. (For my ‘21 grand Cherokee 5.7 I traded in on truck)
Thanks!

Walmart sells the MO-339 for $10, give them a shot first. Most auto parts stores will also carry it for a bit more.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to what I can find the MO-339 filter is manufactured in China by Guangzhou Guanzhou Filter Products Co

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks!
What is the dealer using on their vehicles?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Mopar SRT oil filter on mine, but be careful, because it's made by WIX.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some ac delco filter
Not a very smart dealer, they have access to Bproauto parts. Have been installing the parts for some time, very impressed with all the products. I have been using the filter on my Ram.

Last edited:

Space_Truckin

Reaction score
I use the Mopar SRT oil filter on mine, but be careful, because it's made by WIX.
Not intentionally dumping on Wix, in fact, I would prefer a Wix filter. Used Wix filters in the 5.9 CTD 2500 I had. Just really prefer not to use a chinese oil filter.

Users who are viewing this thread