5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.7 Hemi, Harrop 2650 Blower P061A Code

thomashortz

Reaction score
Good afternoon all

I'm new to the page and am from over in Australia, and reading through so far, its incredible to see the knowledge on here compared to what anyone knows of over my side of the world.

So I'm looking for a little help or advice, as my tuner over here is having a hell of a time (6 months) trying to get my ute to drive right.

Its a 2021 5.7 E-Torque, which has been fitted with 1 3/4 extractors, 3' system all the way, 2650 Harrop blower and an Interchiller.

The issue we are having is that it continually, and very randomly, drops into limp mode, coding the "Internal Control Module Torque Performance P061A". When i say randomly, i mean there is no consistency to when it will limp, and its not when you boot it as you would think.

Now the only way they found to get around it was to really dial back the timing throughout the midrange and rob it of a lot of power, around 100hp, though as you can imagine, this isnt ideal and why put a blower on if your going to make bugger all power.

So has anyone got, or know of someone thats got the same model and been able to overcome this, as im at my wits end now with this ute being off the road for so long.

Any ideas or help you have would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I have the same kit on my truck but don't have the E-Torque. My tuner had a problem tunning mine also, they had it for weeks driving and tunning it. They did figure it out eventually. It's not perfect but it sounds like it's better than yours. Since you're in Australia I'd have the tuner try contacting Harrop direct since they are from there, they should be able to help?
Maybe my tuner would talk to yours? You can look them up and try talking with them. Here is their website: www.shophemi.com
Technical questions: [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread