5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5” system aftermarket upgrade

Walski

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded the system in a base 5” display with 6 speaker.looking for any possible issues I may face

Ewiz

Reaction score
I have been also waiting and looking. I have not seen anything yet. This 5in is garbage. I also have a problem of bluetooth not auto connecting when re entering the vehicle,

Ryas

Reaction score
I have been also waiting and looking. I have not seen anything yet. This 5in is garbage. I also have a problem of bluetooth not auto connecting when re entering the vehicle,
I’ve just purchased some new Focal 6x9 for front and rears and new Kenwood 6 channel XR600-6DSP. Trying to figure out how to connect with ANC unit under the driver seat. This amp uses the Maestro AR module to connect. However current connection don’t exactly work with the 2019 ram so may need to do some reworking here. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Tac747

Reaction score
linkswell (http://www.linkswellinc.com) is close to releasing a fully compatible Uconnect replacement. When I talked to them yesterday they told me they are within a couple of months. So there is hope for a replacement of these abysmal infotainment systems FCA is putting in their vehicles

Tac747

Reaction score
Infotainment.com has the 8.4" and 12" upgrades available. For the non nav 8.4 its about a 15 minute job to swap them out.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Infotainment.com has the 8.4" and 12" upgrades available. For the non nav 8.4 its about a 15 minute job to swap them out.
$4K...glad I ordered my truck with the 12”! But it’s cool that they’ve put these packages together.

Tac747

Reaction score
$4K...glad I ordered my truck with the 12”! But it’s cool that they’ve put these packages together.
Yeah, I went with the plain 8.4 non nav. They programmed it with my vin and provided anti theft code. Satellite radio fired right up and everything including my power steps showed right up in the settings. I don't understand why they don't offer the 8.4 in the tradesman or at least offer black bumpers and trim in a bighorn.

BMark

Reaction score
Yes, trying to figure out the “why” logic in the trim levels is tough.
We needed to have 6.7HO, Aisin and the 4.10 rear end. Plenty of Tradesmans so we got one. Would love to have the 8.4”, apple play and the Cargo camera. Infotainment has an option but holy crap Batman, they are expensive. Can’t find the new style camera option yet.
If anyone has any ideas, please advise!
Thanks fellow Ram brothers & sisters!

Durangedmikey

Reaction score
I emailed linkswell and they aren’t coming out with anything.

Attachments

• 97C5EDC5-80A0-4256-84C8-78CE6B03D0F8.png
    97C5EDC5-80A0-4256-84C8-78CE6B03D0F8.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 38

Tac747

Reaction score
I emailed linkswell and they aren’t coming out with anything.
That is really strange. They have them for the 2018 and older and you received a completely opposite response from what I got 6 weeks ago when I called their customer service department.

Durangedmikey

Reaction score
That is really strange. They have them for the 2018 and older and you received a completely opposite response from what I got 6 weeks ago when I called their customer service department.
What was the subject matter that you spoke to them about? Any 2019 ram with the 5” would have a compatible upgrade?

Tac747

Reaction score
What was the subject matter that you spoke to them about? Any 2019 ram with the 5” would have a compatible upgrade?
Essentially yes. I asked them about uconnect compatible upgrades with CarPlay and they told me that they were working on getting their 10.4" android system that they sell for 2014-2018 rams compatible with the 2019 and should have something in august. Apparently they must have hit a snag and according to previous posts are abandoning the 5th gen series of trucks although I find that hard to believe.
Just checked their "coming soon" page and although there is no picture they claim a 12" is coming soon.

Durangedmikey

Reaction score
Essentially yes. I asked them about uconnect compatible upgrades with CarPlay and they told me that they were working on getting their 10.4" android system that they sell for 2014-2018 rams compatible with the 2019 and should have something in august. Apparently they must have hit a snag and according to previous posts are abandoning the 5th gen series of trucks although I find that hard to believe.
Just checked their "coming soon" page and although there is no picture they claim a 12" is coming soon.
Hopefully yours is right and mine isn’t. Can’t spend $4000 on the infotainment one.

JimD007

Reaction score
I've only started to look but so far I like a Kenwood system with about a 7 inch display for around $500. Display isn't huge but it adds bluetooth, and Carplay and Garmin navigation - which I really like. Seems like it would get the truck up to the level that I could easily live with. The stock 5 inch doesn't look very nice and doesn't offer much for features.

MB1500

Reaction score
I've only started to look but so far I like a Kenwood system with about a 7 inch display for around $500. Display isn't huge but it adds bluetooth, and Carplay and Garmin navigation - which I really like. Seems like it would get the truck up to the level that I could easily live with. The stock 5 inch doesn't look very nice and doesn't offer much for features.
When you upgrade can you give me an update? Thanks

Walski

Reaction score
There is still no way to integrate the factory back up camera with an aftermarket headunit

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just get the screen and stuff off ebay and use AlfaOBD to program. No need to get shafted with no lube by infotainment with their overpriced crap. FCA is way easier to do than the Ford sync 3 swaps from what I can tell. (Dirty little secret....infotainment doesnt provide new parts)

CusackT

Reaction score
I’ve just purchased some new Focal 6x9 for front and rears and new Kenwood 6 channel XR600-6DSP. Trying to figure out how to connect with ANC unit under the driver seat. This amp uses the Maestro AR module to connect. However current connection don’t exactly work with the 2019 ram so may need to do some reworking here. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

any info

Corneeeeelius

Reaction score
Just get the screen and stuff off ebay and use AlfaOBD to program. No need to get shafted with no lube by infotainment with their overpriced crap. FCA is way easier to do than the Ford sync 3 swaps from what I can tell. (Dirty little secret....infotainment doesnt provide new parts)
Did you do this? Do you have any info on harnesses or aftermarket radios that can be used? So far I have only found a company in the UK that seemed to have some answers, but unfortunately they don't sell directly.

Users who are viewing this thread