5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4x4 vs RWD

morris08

Reaction score
Do the 5th gen RAMS (Laramie, in particular) with 4WD sit higher than the 2WD version? (assuming apples to apples with tires, no air suspension/ORP)

Thanks and apologies for this dumb question.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No, they are at the same height, as ferraiolo1 said. But any model with the Off Road Group sits 1 inch higher than those without the ORG. Also the Rebel sits 1 inch taller than models without the ORG.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would think the Rebel only comes with ORG.
I assume you mean standard? ORG is available on any trim except TRX and Rebel.

At least at one point, Rebel came with Bilstein shocks instead of the Hitachi shocks that come with the ORG. I’ve heard that the supply chain shortages may mean Rebels come with non-Bilstein shocks, but I don’t know that for sure.

Anyway, I wouldn’t say that Rebel comes with ORG. Rather, 4x4 Rebels come with many of the same components in ORG, including the 1” lift.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would think the Rebel only comes with ORG.
I wasn't claiming it does or doesn't. You're right, the Rebel doesn't have an option for the ORG because it's part of the Rebel package. Maybe I didn't word my post clearly enough. I was saying the Rebel sits 1 inch higher compared with other models that don't have the ORG. Other models with the ORG sit at the same height as the Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread