5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4x4 service interval

zlman

Reaction score
Dealership rotated my tires. Recommend I have a 4x4 service performed (change fluids in both diffs and transfer case). They said Chrysler Recommends it at 45k, I'm at 55k.
Is this something you all are doing?
Fyi....I'm a light use of 4x4, some towing.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I changed mine at 50k. Both diffs, transfer case. Less than $150 from AMSOIL and about an hour of your time if you know how to DIY it and don't have a lift. Getting your tools and crawling around under the truck was 30 minutes.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the diffs and xfer case on mine at right under 50,000 miles. First time I've ever done this service on a vehicle. There's plenty of good videos as a guide. Not difficult to do at all.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealership rotated my tires. Recommend I have a 4x4 service performed (change fluids in both diffs and transfer case). They said Chrysler Recommends it at 45k, I'm at 55k.
Is this something you all are doing?
Fyi....I'm a light use of 4x4, some towing.
Super easy to do. Make sure you check your owner's manual to ensure you get the proper gear oil depending on what rear end you have.

Theres lots of videos on YouTube. I've done mine twice in 147,000km.

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread