5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4x4 Off Road Package

Veneno

Reaction score
So I have a 2022 Larimie off road on order with the factory 20x9 rims.. I believe that package provides about a 1" lift. From reading on the forums it comes with Falken 275/55/20. I called Americas tire to order some Firestone Destination XT 295/60/20, but they would not order them. According to their system they do not fit my Ram. So what is the biggest tire I can fit without leveling or a lift?

Veneno

Reaction score
I talked to an independent shop today and I'm going with General Grabber ATX 305/55/20. They are almost 100% sure they will fit. If not they can add spacers, small leveling kit if, they have to.

Rlandon

Reaction score
I have the ORP with a ReadyLift 3.5 SST kit installed by the dealer running 295/60/20's with no issues. Lock to lock and no rubbing. Not sure on the 305 if it "might" rub the inner fender plastic. Only one way to find out. Not a fan of spacers.

Jason605

Reaction score
I have seen it posted that General Grabber ATX 275/65/20 fit with no problems. That's what I will go with in the future.

Falken QA

Reaction score
The stock 275/55R20 measures 31.9" tall (we'll call it 32") on the OE falken AT3wA

A LT275/65r20 measures about 34" tall, give or take depending on brand.

A LT295/60R20 would measure 33.9" tall, give or take depending on brand. I believe America's tire may be hesitant in order this size due to the width of the tire, as well as diameter.

In terms of width, by going to a 295, that size will be at least half an inch wider, depending on brand. You are also increase the overall height of the tire by 2 inches, give or take on brand. That's 2 inches the tire will be closer to the inner fender wells during max turning radius.

Each tire brand is free to spec out their tire as narrow/wide or tall/small within a given size.

Other than that, the tire fits the wheel (mounting wheel width range of 8"-10") as well as load rating.

Users who are viewing this thread