5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4x4 not working and first time using it…

Homegrown_

Reaction score
So I bought my truck in April and just had our first significant snow in the Midwest today:
I go out and remove snow from a few houses so was looking forward to getting into truck and using my 4x4… also I stopped off at the hardware store and when I got to my truck it wouldn’t turn on , all lights none of the them would work. That’s the 2nd time it’s happened to me.. any ideas? Got an appt w/ shop In the morning. Super disappointed..
It’s a 2019 bighorn new body style for reference.
I’ll post a pic and video of what happened tonight

Attachments

• B155C67D-5DC7-408A-ABFD-80D6F1D298F6.jpeg
    B155C67D-5DC7-408A-ABFD-80D6F1D298F6.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 53

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Huh. Looks like you need to service the 4 wheel drive.

But really, when you tried restarting the truck does this come on each time you press the 4x4 button? Does the 4x4 button blink a few times and then remain lit or does it go out and light up 2x4 again?

If the lights don't indicate anything, do you know for sure it is not engaged? Can you spin the front wheels or just try and make a sharp turn on gravel, you would feel 4x4 jerking if engaged.

gpbst3

Reaction score
I would look into getting a new battery, your about due for one anyway. I was surprised to learn how many vehicle components rely on the battery.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the SERV 4WD temporarily turns on when you start the truck every time and goes out.
I second the recommendation of probably needing a new battery.… if “not turning on“ means not starting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online