5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4WD on Soft Sand w/Nitrofill

Creep0321

Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s just one spot on the north end you can drive on. I lived in Holly Ridge for 9 years. Wife is from Wilmington.

Jcalton

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to making it back to OBX. Haven't been in years.... ever since we got rid of our 06 Ram. The outer banks just isn't the same unless you are driving on the beach. I was travelling quite a ways for work each day and the truck ended up sitting 90% of the time because I was in the car. Now that I'm back in a Ram im looking forward to a beach trip in the near future.

Lived in Elizabeth city for the first part of my life. Now I'm an hour west of Charlotte. Man I miss the beach....

kittyjo

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to making it back to OBX. Haven't been in years.... ever since we got rid of our 06 Ram. The outer banks just isn't the same unless you are driving on the beach. I was travelling quite a ways for work each day and the truck ended up sitting 90% of the time because I was in the car. Now that I'm back in a Ram im looking forward to a beach trip in the near future.

Lived in Elizabeth city for the first part of my life. Now I'm an hour west of Charlotte. Man I miss the beach....
It’s so nice going again Thursday to Sunday... just put tires to recommend psi and it will do just fine I have stock tires no problems!! Can’t wait to come back with chest full of fish!!

ClancyO

Reaction score
Totally depends on how fine/sugary the sand is. With my old truck there were time I wouldn't air down just to save time getting off the beach later. But you could tell (custom dual exhaust) that I hadn't aired down - the truck works harder! And I found 20 lbs was plenty aired down. If you're staying close to the beach, you can even drive a few mile on road @ 20lbs. It's squishy, you'll need to take extra care, but it's fine..

Users who are viewing this thread