5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4wd not selectable.

myram2019

Reaction score
So i was parked on a hill, started my truck, shift into drive and wanna select 4wd and there are no lights and nothing happens when pushing the buttons. I drive a while and then pull over. I shut off the engine, restart and the lights came back on. I was able to change 4wd again. Has this happened to anyone ??

2wd

Reaction score
So i was parked on a hill, started my truck, shift into drive and wanna select 4wd and there are no lights and nothing happens when pushing the buttons. I drive a while and then pull over. I shut off the engine, restart and the lights came back on. I was able to change 4wd again. Has this happened to anyone ??

Yeah this happened to me 4 or 5 times. Another user figured out some of the cables that plug into the back of the switch controller could be a bit loose.

You have to finagle your hand quite a bit to get back there, but I was able to reach back and push the cables in some. Haven't seen it happen since.

Users who are viewing this thread