5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4wd auto issue

bjorne043

Reaction score
Sorry I have not searched the site much to try to find my answer. Thought this may be quicker.

Does anyone have any loud noises when using 4wd auto? In my previous 2 RAMS, as soon as winter hits, I usually throw the truck in 4wd auto until spring. My 2019 seems to have a very loud road noise/vibration that happens when i am in 4wd. It has even caused a vibration in my door that i am incredibly annoyed by. I have an appointment next week for it but am hoping to go in slightly educated so i don't get the typical "we can't reproduce the issue" statement.

Thanks all!

Sorry I have not searched the site much to try to find my answer. Thought this may be quicker.

Does anyone have any loud noises when using 4wd auto? In my previous 2 RAMS, as soon as winter hits, I usually throw the truck in 4wd auto until spring. My 2019 seems to have a very loud road noise/vibration that happens when i am in 4wd. It has even caused a vibration in my door that i am incredibly annoyed by. I have an appointment next week for it but am hoping to go in slightly educated so i don't get the typical "we can't reproduce the issue" statement.

Thanks all!

Hi bjorne043,

If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message!

Mark
RamCares

Thanks all!
Drove mine in 4 Auto this morning and as quiet as a church mouse and no vibrations. I can't tell the difference from 2 wheel to 4 wheel auto on the road.

I can definitely hear some front axle groan and tire road noise a lot more when in 4 Auto, even if it’s just rainy, but snowy conditions as well. It feels like their is shuttering sometimes too when getting up to speed from a stop. No warning lights have popped up, so I’m assuming it’s normal.

I can definitely hear some front axle groan and tire road noise a lot more when in 4 Auto, even if it’s just rainy, but snowy conditions as well. It feels like their is shuttering sometimes too when getting up to speed from a stop. No warning lights have popped up, so I’m assuming it’s normal.
It’s not normal. I use 4WD auto anytime it rains or snows. There is no discernible difference in drivetrain noise between 2WD and 4WD auto. Sometimes I accidentally leave it in 4WD auto by accident on dry days because the only indication is the dash/shifter lights which are easy to overlook.

Hi Mr. Hindsight,

If you decide to have this looked into further by your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for an additional layer of support while in service.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread

Back