5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Ram in 2 Years

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First off sorry for the thesis, just for those interested, otherwise Pics and Current Signature are Below:

Hey guys, just thought I'd post this. Anyways, it's a 2022 Ram 2500 HD Laramie Night Edition 4x4 Crew Cab 6'4" Box w/ the 6.4L Hemi V8 Gasser. Sales guy has been great so far. We put down a $250 deposit on it last week and it just came in tonight. It's located in Kentucky (We're in NE Ohio). They're going to install the Deployable Bed-Step, Mopar Front and Rear Floor Rubber Floor Mats, and Line-X Spray-In Bedliner next week. Our Ranch Hand Legend Grille Guard will be taken off our current truck we're trading in and put on this new one next week as well. Also, just ordered the factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package; will be installed next or the following week. Other than that, it's a pretty nice spec, check out the window sticker. Picking it up either Friday or Saturday.

Most notable thing we need on this truck that our current HD doesn't have:

4.10 Axle Ratio - We have the 3.73 and it can only tow a max of about 14k lbs, this new one can tow 17k (16.9k Gooseneck). We have a 10k lb. 3 Horse Trailer.
Tow Technology Group B - We only have the LED CHMSL but the bed camera quality is horrible on the ones without the Tow Tech Group and there's no guidance line for the bed hitch.
Automatic-Leveling Rear Air-Suspension - Really helps hitching a Gooseneck.
Laramie - The truck is for my mom and wants the nicer interior, most notably the partial leather seats are a huge plus.
UConnect 5 - Obvi haha

Check out my signature for my past trucks and my mother's HD we're trading in (This will be her daily and our Farm Truck).

As far as purchasing info goes, Working with Dan Cummins of Paris, Kentucky. Working primarily with Wesley Poe and Wade Davis. Both are super nice. October deals should be out by next week too. They offered $50k on our current 2020 HD (Under 14k miles) and that's awesome. They're also offering $1,095 Dealer Discount (I know it's not much but I called 23 dealers in my area and out of state and this was the best deal by far, as well as best spec. I got $13k [Lot], $6k [HD], and $11k [Ordered] off my last 3 Ram's respectively; just how the market is, but on the flip side they're offering a great price on our trade without even seeing it so) and throwing in the mats and giving us off a percentage of the Deployable Bed Step and Spray-in. It's not an order like my last truck, but as of Sept. 20th, you can't order a lot of stuff for the Laramie's (Tow Tech Group, Night Edition, and now ya get the C and D Equipment Group which takes away the Power Folding Mirrors [This new one has the Level B, as well as the Night Edition and Tow Tech Group, so that's cool]). So managed to get my hands on a pretty rare '22 truck in transit (checked out all the other trucks in the country too). Still deciding on Leasing vs Purchasing though.

Was looking at 3500's but they're more rare, don't utilize the full rear air suspension if optioned, can't tow anymore than a 2500 (obvi can have more payload), and have leaf's over standard coils which means a rougher ride. As for Gas over Diesel debate, the truck is for my mom and she doesn't drive more than 10k miles a year and rarely does highway driving (she's mostly 45 mph or lower, which can be bad for regen). Anywho guys, thoughts?

Here are some pics my salesman took tonight, looks awesome:

HD 5.jpeg

HD 1.jpeg

HD 2.jpeg

HD 7.jpeg

HD 9.jpeg

HD 8.jpeg

HD 3.jpeg

HD 4.jpeg

HD 10.jpeg

HD 6.jpeg

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck on your Line x installation. Hope yours comes out better than mine did. If I had to do it all over I would’ve rather of got a drop in bedliner.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good! I wanted a cummins 2500, but when I priced the options I wanted, the $91k pricetag brought me back to reality. I went with a 1500 instead since I never tow.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good! I wanted a cummins 2500, but when I priced the options I wanted, the $91k pricetag brought me back to reality. I went with a 1500 instead since I never tow.
I have two buddies at work, one just bought a 2019 2500 used for like 65k with a Cummins. My other buddy has a 2008 2500 Cummins and even he said he couldn’t see himself spending that kind of money for a brand new one.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck on your Line x installation. Hope yours comes out better than mine did. If I had to do it all over I would’ve rather of got a drop in bedliner.
Omg ive had all 3. My 2019 1500 was a drop in (absolutely hated it. Our 2018 Ford and 2013 Chevy had them too. They are so bad. They flex in heat, bend, make it hard to reach outlets, are harder to clean, have water go underneath, and just look terrible), our 2020 HD has the Line-X (it’s great, love it), and my 2021 1500 had the factory spray-in (which was my personal fav but just a tad nicer than the Line-X).

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Omg I know it’s ridiculous. Like don’t get me wrong, the Cummins, especially the HO for the 3500 is the best engine available for the HD but it’s just way too much. $9-12k + really expensive maintenance costs and more expensive diesel, all for something my mom would not benefit from; just doesn’t make sense personally.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have two buddies at work, one just bought a 2019 2500 used for like 65k with a Cummins. My other buddy has a 2008 2500 Cummins and even he said he couldn’t see himself spending that kind of money for a brand new one.
Ha! That’s the exact thing my friend with a 2011 2500 cummins said.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well you guys are gonna love this pic, but yeah been driving or at the dealer for 16 hours. Finally just got home. Love the thing. First impressions, it’s awesome. The did they flash update for the TSB yesterday but of course UConnect 5 is still super buggy but its whateves (OTA anyways). Steering wheel seems a little aligned to the right but I’ll check it out and sort it if I need to. Also some minor glass scratches on the instrument cluster glass, very strange but they said just bill them and they’ll take care of it. Dealer and my salesperson were great. Info is on the right side of that doc. Got $1,095 off which isn’t bad for nowadays plus $50k on our trade (a 2020 2500 w/ 14.5k miles on it). Decided on leasing it, was over $600 cheaper per month vs financing, and $100 cheaper than our old payment on our trade. Put down $20k of our trade, and got back over $9,400 back as an equity check; the rest of the $50k was payoff on their end. Interest was about 2.4-2.6%, can't remember (leasing is money factor anyways); through U.S. Bank. Just setup my iPhone 13 Pro 2 days ago, so the pics are lit. But yeah lemme know what ya guys think and if ya have any questions.

B93D08F6-F65A-49D8-8F07-A915D1898219.jpeg

819EFBDB-EDEE-4E79-8265-E0CCE5DB6EF2.jpeg

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
By my math in 2 more years there will be an 8th Ram, unless there is an exponential variable

Users who are viewing this thread