5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Gen vs 5th Gen Mopar UCA comparison

MarkB67

Reaction score
I received my Mopar UCA’s today and have been wanting to do a comparison between the 2014 UCA’s and the Mopar’s that are in the 2” Mopar lift kit for the 5th gen to see what difference if any there is between the two , what I found is except for the better ball joint movement in the Mopar UCA everything else is identical, I inserted a 1/2” allthread rod through the mounting part of both UCA’s and come up with 9-1/8” to the center of the balljoint on both control arms, what this means is just about any uca that is listed for a 4th gen will most likely work on the 5th gens no matter what these companies are telling everybody, they seen a way to create more revenue and ran with it, below is a comparison pic of the extra ball joint movement which is pretty substantial

Attachments

• CDD9CE8E-A404-4EF1-B110-6989820F837D.jpeg
    CDD9CE8E-A404-4EF1-B110-6989820F837D.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 75

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
I received my Mopar UCA’s today and have been wanting to do a comparison between the 2014 UCA’s and the Mopar’s that are in the 2” Mopar lift kit for the 5th gen to see what difference if any there is between the two , what I found is except for the better ball joint movement in the Mopar UCA everything else is identical, I inserted a 1/2” allthread rod through the mounting part of both UCA’s and come up with 9-1/8” to the center of the balljoint on both control arms, what this means is just about any uca that is listed for a 4th gen will most likely work on the 5th gens no matter what these companies are telling everybody, they seen a way to create more revenue and ran with it, below is a comparison pic of the extra ball joint movement which is pretty substantial
I was wondering this just the other day when looking at aftermarket control arms, and if there is much difference between them. Now off to eBay to look for some 4th gen lifted control arms lol

MarkB67

Reaction score
I was wondering this just the other day when looking at aftermarket control arms, and if there is much difference between them. Now off to eBay to look for some 4th gen lifted control arms lol
Yeah the tape measure don’t lie

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but couldn’t you just put a ball joint in that has the better articulation? If the arms are the same is it the ball joint that’s different?

MarkB67

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but couldn’t you just put a ball joint in that has the better articulation? If the arms are the same is it the ball joint that’s different?
Maybe but for both control arms it was only $120.00 , my time is more valuable than trying to save that little amount of money

Users who are viewing this thread