5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4Auto not shifting

TSL

Reaction score
Had a weird thing happen today. Parked the truck last night and just before turning it off, changed the transmission selector from 2WD to 4Auto. Did that because my wife was planning to drive it today on a longer trip for a school field trip, and knowing there would be wet roads I thought it might be a little safer.
Anyway, she heads down the road this morning, I happened to be following, and after a few hundred yards she pulls over and tells me "it's not shifting".
So I get in and drive on down the road, and sure enough, it's not shifting out of 1st gear. However, if, instead of keeping steady pressure on the throttle, I "pretend" I'm driving a manual, where you would momentarily let off the throttle as you depress the clutch and change gear, then, it did shift through the gears : accelerate a bit, let off the throttle, it shifts up, rinse and repeat.
Weird ?
So I put it back in 2WD where it behaved normally and sent her on her way. I will have to play with it later and see is it still doing that.
I don't think I've used 4Auto for a while, don't use it all that often, can't recall if I've used it since I had the HPFP recall done a couple months ago. Now I'm wondering did they reflash anything and screw something up! By the way, I do not have any GDE tunes or the like on the truck, it's 100% stock.

Users who are viewing this thread