5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$4600 to upgrade to UConnect 12

nimbus

Reaction score
I had a local shop quote me $4600 to upgrade my 8.4 non-NAV to the UConnect 12. $4000 of that is the part from Infotainment.com. I've gone through the thread detailing the process, but has anyone distilled this down to a single list of parts and steps to accomplish this upgrade? I feel like I should be able to do this for under $2000...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had a local shop quote me $4600 to upgrade my 8.4 non-NAV to the UConnect 12. $4000 of that is the part from Infotainment.com. I've gone through the thread detailing the process, but has anyone distilled this down to a single list of parts and steps to accomplish this upgrade? I feel like I should be able to do this for under $2000...
That seems about right from what I've seen. Not a cheap upgrade.
I have the 12, and while I love it, I would never spend that much coin to update an 8.4, which is just as nice, just smaller (actually higher-res than the 12" btw).

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It can be done for under $2k. There are frequently full packages for sale here on the forum. You need to repin a few cables or buy new ones from a member here. You’ll also need an LVDS cable. The hardest part to get is the module because FCA stopped selling them but plenty still come up. There are a few threads here if you search around for them of people that have done it.

nimbus

Reaction score
I also inquired with a local dealership and they said they would not do the upgrade for any cost because it would make the truck "unstable."

nimbus

Reaction score
That seems about right from what I've seen. Not a cheap upgrade.
I have the 12, and while I love it, I would never spend that much coin to update an 8.4, which is just as nice, just smaller (actually higher-res than the 12" btw).
That's a really good point about the resolution of the 8.4. I test drove some models with 12s but didn't pay enough attention. Looking more closely at photos and videos online, it is a pretty noticeable difference.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also inquired with a local dealership and they said they would not do the upgrade for any cost because it would make the truck "unstable."
Another dealer that doesn't know what there doing

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread