5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 wheel drive vibration

cblayloc

Reaction score
I am getting a vibration in the steering wheel and pedals under acceleration both in 4wd high and 4wd auto till about 45 mph, but not in 2wd.

I did just install the readylift leveling kit (UCA's and spacers) and got it aligned after. I am not sure if it was the kit or not as the truck is still pretty new with only 2000 miles.

Anybody else seen this issue or have any insight? Any help is much appreciated.

flynfish

Reaction score
I’ve had the vibration issue in 2wd also.... but this morning when it was in 4wd auto it seemed worse to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Klute

Reaction score
First bad weather here in STL, had it in 4auto and 4high. Both had a slight vibration none on 2wd. I thought it was normal due to rough snow/ice road surface.

WW2

Reaction score
I also notice slight vibrations in 4 auto that are not present in 2WD, mostly in steering wheel....not a big deal, the front drive shaft is engaged...the transfer case will then decide when to send power to the front, but those spinning drive shafts can cause a little mechanical buzz in the steering wheel..to be expected, not a big deal

cblayloc

Reaction score
I also notice slight vibrations in 4 auto that are not present in 2WD, mostly in steering wheel....not a big deal, the front drive shaft is engaged...the transfer case will then decide when to send power to the front, but those spinning drive shafts can cause a little mechanical buzz in the steering wheel..to be expected, not a big deal
What I am experiencing is more than a little vibration. It's more of a shimmy with a vibration that is shaking the front end of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread