5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4% Under Invoice on a new Ram 1500 Order

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, everyone My name is Zach and I'm the dealer principal at a Stellantis dealership in Granger, Iowa. As a locally owned store, my goal is to follow the golden rule and treat others how they'd like to be treated. No matter how you interact wih our store on a vehicle purchase, service repair, or the financing of your vehicle I want you to be treated fairly. Do we make mistakes? Of course, but we will do our best to make it right and do the right thing. We also will not put on extravagent fees or mandatory accessories to a purchase. Just an up-front, easy to understand offer on a new Ram truck.

How that translates to car sales in this market is that we never mark up above MSRP on an in-stock unit and we offer below invoice pricing on retail orders. We are now offering 4% under invoice on a Ram 1500 truck that is a retail order. There's no catch or gimmick. To get a quote started just email a Build & Price from Ram's website to [email protected]. We are also offering $9,000 off MSRP on TRX orders.

Just a few quick notes (because I know I'll get asked!)

1 - Our documentation fee is $180.
2 - There are NO mandatory add ons.
3 - There is a Non-Refundable $1000 deposit due at order.
4 - We will get you an electronic signature document with options, pricing, and details for your signature before placing the order.
5 - We do not participate in courtesy deliveries to other dealerships.
6 - We do not collect sales tax for out of state purchase (you don't have to pay Iowa tax, but will owe tax upon the return to your home state).

I think it goes without being said, but I also want to clarify that we cannot make any guarantees on delivery time frames. A Limited truck will take longer than a Tradesman because of the extra microchips, but this last year has clearly taught me that I can't promise anything on timing.

I realize you can use this to price shop your local dealers and I encourage you to do so. I think it's great to support local business. But if you can't get something worked out locally we're glad to assist.

I also want to be an asset to this community on any dealer related questions that may arise as well and be able to add my knowledge to those conversations.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Zach

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
Glad to have you! So happens I already have my 1500 but I may be interested in a jeep Wrangler 4xe. Anything noteworthy on those?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Couple questions:

1) Do you provide a manager-signed price guarantee when people order?

2) Do you have a market adjustment when the customer picks up the order?

It’s great that you don’t have any dealer-installed extras that you “require” for the vehicle to leave the lot.

cleigh

Reaction score
Hi Zach,

If I was interested in the 0% financing through the dealership (or Chrysler FCA) if that comes back in May/June... how does that work when placing an order? IE last month there was the 0% option, but now there isn't. Is financing figured out at the time of order, or at the time of delivery? Does that 0% count as part of the incentives that gets locked in at order?

Thanks!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish that my wife was buying a Ram instead of an Audi. You would have our business.
My wife bought a Q5 Sportback in Sept '21. Still don't have a second key fob. Raised hell yesterday with the dealership owner (not GM) and supposedly they are sending a tech to my house on Monday to program the second fob. Sad it took that to get action!

As far as the car goes.......NO comparison to the ride and comfort of my RAM. Get's decent gas mileage. I didn't really realize just how small the ****pit is, doesn't bother her but I'm cramped at 6'2" 200#. Also the cup holders are VERY small and not many of them. Electronics has also been wonky. But it will scoot for a four cyl.

Michael_D

Reaction score
Zach - I have a quote from your sales team. It is very straightforward and the price is quite fair. The delivery time, however, is going to be a problem. I was told 6-9 months. I understand that there are supply chain issues, still - but if someone has to wait this long..... Well, one might as well just sit back and wait till they can place an order on a 2023 model and take delivery in the spring of 2023.

Jgbstetson

Reaction score
Zach - I have a quote from your sales team. It is very straightforward and the price is quite fair. The delivery time, however, is going to be a problem. I was told 6-9 months. I understand that there are supply chain issues, still - but if someone has to wait this long..... Well, one might as well just sit back and wait till they can place an order on a 2023 model and take delivery in the spring of 2023.
Why would you just wait to place an order for a 2023?

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Zach,

If I was interested in the 0% financing through the dealership (or Chrysler FCA) if that comes back in May/June... how does that work when placing an order? IE last month there was the 0% option, but now there isn't. Is financing figured out at the time of order, or at the time of delivery? Does that 0% count as part of the incentives that gets locked in at order?

Thanks!
It is at the time of delivery.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We try to aim on the conservative side. Most have been showing up in 120 days, but we'd rather under promise.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Why would you just wait to place an order for a 2023?

On that Note - Build out for 2022 (the last month to order) is May. So 2023 ordering should open mid-June.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Ordered my 2022 Ram 1500 Limited from you guys in Feb and it is being shipped to you right now.. can’t wait for it to come in. The communication and process has been awesome so far. We shall see how the end of all this works out, hopefully it goes perfect. 👍🏼. Would recommend for sure. Great price and great communication.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least they are honest with you. some people in here having been waiting since last year for their orders. Better they tell you that then 4-12 weeks and then after 12 weeks you are still no where close to getting your order. If you understand their are supply chain issues then waiting shouldn't be an issue. Probably going to wait that long once the 23 orders are ready.

Michael_D

Reaction score
At least they are honest with you. some people in here having been waiting since last year for their orders. Better they tell you that then 4-12 weeks and then after 12 weeks you are still no where close to getting your order. If you understand their are supply chain issues then waiting shouldn't be an issue. Probably going to wait that long once the 23 orders are ready.
I appreciate the honesty and conservative candor. If I lived within a few hundred miles of them, I would have ordered the truck. But as I live in Alaska, and would need to schedule time away from work, schedule flights, and then drive it home - through Canada...... Well, I think the dilemma is obvious. I could have worked with a 12-16 week lead time. But 6-9 months is simply not doable for me. But having said that, Granger was remarkably transparent with no BS or other 'requirements'. I would have definitely bought from them if the delivery time was something I could have worked with.

Fxdb12

Reaction score
Good to see another honest dealership. We have been doing very similar practices pre and post covid. Far too many dealers out there will alienate their clients once things go back to "normal"

Users who are viewing this thread