5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 or 6 inch BDS lift?

Ksiegel9

Reaction score
Hey,I’m in between getting a 4 or a 6 inch lift. I’m a shorter guy (5’7) feel it may seem dumb, but the guys are adamant at the shop about getting the 6”. It’s only 200$ more and they assured me it wasn’t the money and I don’t believe it is. They said I’ll regret it if I get the 4”. I’m planning on putting 35” nitto ridge grapplers. Should I also get the bds arms?

kevinvw

Reaction score
Hey,I’m in between getting a 4 or a 6 inch lift. I’m a shorter guy (5’7) feel it may seem dumb, but the guys are adamant at the shop about getting the 6”. It’s only 200$ more and they assured me it wasn’t the money and I don’t believe it is. They said I’ll regret it if I get the 4”. I’m planning on putting 35” nitto ridge grapplers. Should I also get the bds arms?

Just buy some lifts for your shoes. Problem solved!

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Perks of the 4" are you can still fit in most garages and parking garages, you can fit 35s easy as long as you don't go crazy in the negative on offset and you are putting little to no extra stress on the CV axles and factory ball joints. This is due to the cradle drop and other ancillary equipment that comes with the lift.

6" can fit a 37" tire if you were so inclined, but will limit you on covered parking in some scenarios. You may want the upper control arms with this kit as it does include a preload spacer to get the extra height.

Ksiegel9

Reaction score
Perks of the 4" are you can still fit in most garages and parking garages, you can fit 35s easy as long as you don't go crazy in the negative on offset and you are putting little to no extra stress on the CV axles and factory ball joints. This is due to the cradle drop and other ancillary equipment that comes with the lift.

6" can fit a 37" tire if you were so inclined, but will limit you on covered parking in some scenarios. You may want the upper control arms with this kit as it does include a preload spacer to get the extra height.
Don’t think I’ll regret not getting the 6in? I think I’ll go with the 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online