5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 inch Zone Suspension Lift

laflu01

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500. I went to a custom shop today to look into a lift, tires, and wheels. I wanted the 4 inch BDS lift but they can only get the 4 inch Zone lift and said they are pretty much identical. Does anyone have a 4 inch zone lift and can comment on the ride quality?

Jerzeyrebel

Reaction score
Great question, Hopefully can get some educated answers. I'm also in the market for a 4'' Lift. Want to make sure i'm getting the best possible set up.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
BDS and Zone are both owned by the same parent company of Fox Racing. BDS is the higher priced/rated version because of the warranty, more components, more options, and the cradle drop on the BDS is high clearance.

With all that being said the Zone lifts are still amazing kits.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Zone is the way too go unless you are going to be doing hardcore offroading and need the higher clearance... The ride quality of both kits is identical, if money's not an issue go with the zone kit, upgraded 2.0 fox shocks, and the upgraded UCAs and you will be more than happy with it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

laflu01

Reaction score
Zone is the way too go unless you are going to be doing hardcore offroading and need the higher clearance... The ride quality of both kits is identical, if money's not an issue go with the zone kit, upgraded 2.0 fox shocks, and the upgraded UCAs and you will be more than happy with it!

I drive a pavement princess, to be honest. So off-roading is minimum. I’ve tried looking up the difference between the two and couldn’t find a clear cut answer.

Scmil

Reaction score
I have a Zone with upgraded shocks as well on this truck as well as on another truck in the past. No serious off-roading, but does well in the back roads during hunting seasons. The other truck had the lift for 30K miles before selling and currently the Ram has 10K with the lift and no issues what so ever with the Zone. I would have liked to have BDS, but with knowing it won't be taking serious abuse, the money difference was not worth it to me. I can't speak for the quality of BDS, but the reviews of them are usually always good, but the Zone has been a great kit and no complaints here.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I drive a pavement princess, to be honest. So off-roading is minimum. I’ve tried looking up the difference between the two and couldn’t find a clear cut answer.
Here's a couple videos that might help

Users who are viewing this thread