5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 inch BDS vs 6 inch BDS Coilover

Jmeesocal

Reaction score
Hello - I’ve done some research and watched some videos to help me understand what the difference is from the 4 inch BDS lift vs 6 inch BDS Coilover but I am unsure if I understand the difference still.

I have on order the 4 inch BDS lift for my 2020 Rebel. I know the 4 inch doesn’t come with new Coilover for the front like the 6 inch does. Is the 4 inch using some kind of spacers that are limiting the amount of factory travel up and down of the shocks to help achieve lift? If yes, is it possible to later upgrade to a new Coilover setup on the 4 inch that would not need spacers?

what are the advantages to a new Coilover front versus the stock?

Thanks in advance for the advice and explanations.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello - I’ve done some research and watched some videos to help me understand what the difference is from the 4 inch BDS lift vs 6 inch BDS Coilover but I am unsure if I understand the difference still.

I have on order the 4 inch BDS lift for my 2020 Rebel. I know the 4 inch doesn’t come with new Coilover for the front like the 6 inch does. Is the 4 inch using some kind of spacers that are limiting the amount of factory travel up and down of the shocks to help achieve lift? If yes, is it possible to later upgrade to a new Coilover setup on the 4 inch that would not need spacers?

what are the advantages to a new Coilover front versus the stock?

Thanks in advance for the advice and explanations.
The 4” kit uses a large spacer in the front. After dropping the differential and lower control arms, the strut has the same travel as it did stock and retains the stock ride. I’d they come out with a 4” coil over in the future it would be an easy job to swap them out.

doolin64

Reaction score
I prefer the height of a 4" and 35's. 6" lift looks too tall for just 35's IMO. Too much fender to tire space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/