5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 holes in the Bumper

Trader

Reaction score
I just picked up my new truck and it came with 4 -3/8” holes in the front bumper from the factory to mount the front license plate.

The problem, I live in a state that doesn’t Require front plates.

I am upset and will be Calling Ram because none of their advertisements show these holes.

I didn’t pay extra to have painted bumpers so they could drill holes in them.

Other than that I really like the truck.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Mine is same way. Let me know if you get anywhere with the complaint.

It's standard on all bumbers... Chrome or Painted.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Being the bumpers are metal I think they pretty much have to come pre drilled. Last thing we need is the dealers trying to drill the holes and then having rust issues.

Or the holes being off center, or the wrong size, etc

John

Reaction score
I just ordered 3/8" chrome hole plugs from Amazon, problem solved!!

John

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Is that something unique to pick up trucks? Every car I have owned don't come with holes. The dealer drills them, but the bumpers were always plastic and Styrofoam or something, I don't think they were metal.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up my new truck and it came with 4 -3/8” holes in the front bumper from the factory to mount the front license plate.

The problem, I live in a state that doesn’t Require front plates.

I am upset and will be Calling Ram because none of their advertisements show these holes.

I didn’t pay extra to have painted bumpers so they could drill holes in them.

Other than that I really like the truck.
They have come with holes in the bumper for as long as I can remember. There is no way to put different bumpers on for different states. Put chrome bumper filler bolts in if you have chrome bumpers. If you have the painted bumpers you can paint some push pin type plugs. Even the sports cars have dimples in the bumpers to drill for the license plates. Nothing to get too hung up on

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
several really good options out there. getting off your chest the holes in your front bumper to a CS person will do nothing, except make you feel, better?

i found, as mentioned, what i feel is a cool plate mounted to the front bumper. christmas is not too far off, a few hints to potential gift givers might make you feel, better?

Attachments

• RAM Front Plate.jpg
    RAM Front Plate.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 168

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
several really good options out there. getting off your chest the holes in your front bumper to a CS person will do nothing, except make you feel, better?

i found, as mentioned, what i feel is a cool plate mounted to the front bumper. christmas is not too far off, a few hints to potential gift givers might make you feel, better?
Yeah... but that's not the point of this conversation. Surely everyone knows you can stick a plate in there... ;)

Trader

Reaction score
Yeah... but that's not the point of this conversation. Surely everyone knows you can stick a plate in there... ;)
The real point is sell people what you advertise and in every ad vertisement they show a truck with out holes in the bumper.

U

User_3336

Holes drilled in mine and a license plate holder included. Not required in TN (and the build sheet specifically says "shipped to TN").

I didn't really even pay attention to it until I read this post.

Flot

Reaction score
I was also a bit annoyed when I picked up my truck and thought maybe it was a hazard of ordering from a state that DOES use front plates. However, it makes sense that on a metal bumper they'd pre-drill because of all the issues down the line.

Having owned any number of cars where dealers had done a bad job installing front plates, I can live with it. Curious if anyone has found good paintable plastic plugs, though.

GoMango16

Reaction score
Holes are not drilled but stamped when the bumpers are made. Dealer has no say over the holes being there.

RamMeToo

Reaction score
As mentioned above I used 3/8" hole plugs as well, can order chrome or paint to match
Mind posting link to what you found? Have they arrived yet? If so how’s the fit? Thanks in advance!

d_THRILL

Reaction score

Eguzowski

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread