5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 cylinder mode

dubp44

Reaction score
How do I know when my 4cyl mode kicks in? Is there any heads up display to let me know when it does? Do I have to enable/disable it in the settings? Any help would be appreciated.

Soldierguy

Reaction score
It is enabled all the time. There is an eco light on the instrument cluster you can turn that on in the settings in the radio

rcpepper

Reaction score
You can disable it by using Gear Limit buttons on the steering wheel. Hit the minus first, the gear number wheel come up in your cluster. The + to pick the highest gear you want the truck to shift to 1 thru 8. It will still auto shift to highest gear selected, but MDS/4 cylinder mode will not activate.

Rob

Rayzram

Reaction score
I run in gear limit 8 always. Its second nature now. When a disabler comes out I will own it.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It is enabled all the time. There is an eco light on the instrument cluster you can turn that on in the settings in the radio
This ^^^

I turned my ECO light on. If you monitor the instant mpg, you'll also know. On flat ground at a steady speed you'll see the mileage jump from 15ish to 30ish and you'll know.

rcpepper

Reaction score
I run in gear limit 8 always. Its second nature now. When a disabler comes out I will own it.
Range Technologies may not make one since its user defeatable, unlike GM where afm turns on in manual mode once in high gear. The latest one they have for Dodge is 2011 Trucks, working on older stuff, now newer. GM stuff they have 2019 stuff available, or coming soon.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread