5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Corner Air suspension modification - mobility question

4sallypat

Reaction score
Sales person was not able to answer my question and hoping folks here can chime in:

Test drove a Big Horn truck over the weekend at a dealer that had a 4 corner air suspension optioned Ram.

Can the truck be reprogrammed or coded to allow for the suspension to drop all the way down for easy entry/exit each time it parks ?

Being an older person who no longer is able to "hop" into and out of a full sized truck due to back and knee issues.
My recent cross overs have had easy entry exit features on Range Rover & Land Rover cars.
My current car and past cars had air suspension which drops the vehicle to the lowest setting when parked and raises when put into drive.
The seats also drop down each time the car is parked.
Makes getting into the vehicle easy without having to bend my spine and when getting out, my knees don't have to feel the shock of jumping out....

Would Ram be able to "program" or code the vehicle for mobility access for people who have disabilities ?

Or should I just get running boards and learn to step up/down ??

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sales person was not able to answer my question and hoping folks here can chime in:

Test drove a Big Horn truck over the weekend at a dealer that had a 4 corner air suspension optioned Ram.

Can the truck be reprogrammed or coded to allow for the suspension to drop all the way down for easy entry/exit each time it parks ?

Being an older person who no longer is able to "hop" into and out of a full sized truck due to back and knee issues.
My recent cross overs have had easy entry exit features on Range Rover & Land Rover cars.
My current car and past cars had air suspension which drops the vehicle to the lowest setting when parked and raises when put into drive.
The seats also drop down each time the car is parked.
Makes getting into the vehicle easy without having to bend my spine and when getting out, my knees don't have to feel the shock of jumping out....

Would Ram be able to "program" or code the vehicle for mobility access for people who have disabilities ?

Or should I just get running boards and learn to step up/down ??
I've asked this question as well, as I think it would be great for my in-laws. However, the power-retractable running boards are nice and low...much lower than fixed boards. I'm not sure if you can retrofit the power boards to a Big Horn (easily), or if it would be better to opt for a higher trim.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A double tap of the air suspension button under 15MPH will lower the truck into entry / exit mode as you're pulling into a parking lot / spot. If you had a Laramie or higher trim, you could program the power seats for "easy exit" (or whatever its called) where it would slide the seat back to help you get out. The power running boards and the air suspension all the way down makes for a VERY low step in height. I'm 6'4" so it's not for me, but I can see how it would be helpful for those who are shorter or have trouble climbing up and then bending to get into the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread