5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4" BDS Lift

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, I had the shop I use tell me if I got a lift kit, they would install it. The guys at this place are great since they let me bring my own parts rather than paying their markup on them.

I got the kit and ordered my tires and rims from Discount Tire. I was going to have them put the kit on and take it to Discount to take care of the wheels and tires.

I dropped the truck off with lift kit and side steps. Head mechanic looks it over and tells me no problem, they can take care of it for me. I got the call today and he asks where I have the wheels. He got everything installed to find that the stock rims don't fit with the new steering knuckles. 😳Oops, didn't see that one coming. We talked about getting the wheels and of course, he has my truck on the lift so no go. Being a great shop, he called one of their guys and sent him over an hour down the road to get my wheels.

They called to say it was done but it was right at their closing time. They would wait but I told them not to and I would get it in the morning. Have to catch a Lyft to get there and it will take at least a half hour to get one to my house (I am off the beaten path here).

I am psyched to see it. I'll get some pictures this weekend and post them.

Just wanted to give a warning if you are not thinking about it like I didn't. Have wheels and tires on hand if you are doing the BDS lift!

Last edited:

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK ….. Cuz here in Ohio throwing the factories with snows back on for winter is a must !!! I was able to do that with 20’s and a 4” Zone on my 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Went and picked up the truck this morning. I am happy with the lift and all. No rubbing at all. The shop did me right going and getting the wheels and all.

I am a bit disappointed with Discount Tire. They sent the wrong lug nuts. I had to make the 1.5 hour trek down to them today and get the TPMS sensors set. OK, they took the lug nuts back and credited me. They could not get the TPMS to marry up though. Set it twice and I drove around while I was down there trying to get it to learn the new sensors. No love. I see I will need to waste another weekend down there once I get them to get new sensors and have them installed. Really sucks.

Well, here she is anyway.
20210528_191426.jpg 20210528_191340.jpg 20210528_191441.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread