5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Row Seating Patent

uncc_99xj

Reaction score
View attachment 186069

I’m offended. I sat in the “back back” as a kid on family vacations in my parents Ford Taurus Wagon. Wait, never mind. I am the middle child so most likely the least liked anyway. 🤣😂🤣

Likewise! Many a 4 hour trip in my aunt and uncles Mercury Sable wagon to the beach. We dubbed it the "way back" which is a term that's stuck in our family ever since.

And the “back back” didn’t have seats. It was so liberating! 😆

The one we rode in did, and they faced backwards. Almost like jump seats on an airplane, but still had seatbelts so it was legal.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This truck will never be manufactured. Ram already has a 3 row truck and its called the Wagoneer.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This truck will never be manufactured. Ram already has a 3 row truck and its called the Wagoneer.
No, Ram does not have a 3 row truck already (and neither does Stellantis). Wagoneer has a 3 row SUV (Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer), and Jeep also has a 3 row SUV (Grand Gerokee L).

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I loved sitting at the back of our 1983 Chevy Cavalier station wagon growing up as kids, fun looking back at traffic and waving at everyone. Ended up being my first car when I turned 18 as well, shoved a lot of people back there at the end of high school and beginning of community college.

Also fun riding at the back of the occasional pick-up too before that became illegal, where I live at least. Totally dangerous looking back on it, but fun.

As much as I enjoyed those days, I wouldn't do that to my kids now, at least beyond parking lot speeds. I'm a late bloomer and have a young kid at 50 years old, lol. I've very protective at this time in my life.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, Ram does not have a 3 row truck already (and neither does Stellantis). Wagoneer has a 3 row SUV (Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer), and Jeep also has a 3 row SUV (Grand Gerokee L).

Wagoneer is built on a Ram truck chassis.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Wagoneer may not be a pickup truck but it is a truck. It's just a truck with an SUV or Wagon body.

Last edited:

GMetal

Reaction score
Dumb idea. These companies trying to create stuff nobody asked for. Better idea: Improve manufacturing to make vehicles more reliable and cheaper.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wagoneer is built on a Ram truck chassis.
Which still doesn’t make it a truck (in the context of this 3rd row seating patent), and still doesn’t make it a Ram.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Likewise! Many a 4 hour trip in my aunt and uncles Mercury Sable wagon to the beach. We dubbed it the "way back" which is a term that's stuck in our family ever since.

The one we rode in did, and they faced backwards. Almost like jump seats on an airplane, but still had seatbelts so it was legal.
We had Buick station wagon with the seats facing backwards. I don't remember seats belts :ROFLMAO:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, by definition, it does make it a truck.

How so?

A 1956 Chevy BelAir is built on a frame. Is it a truck?

A truck or lorry is a motor vehicle designed to transport freight, carry specialized payloads, or perform other utilitarian work. Trucks vary greatly in size, power, and configuration, but the vast majority feature body-on-frame construction, with a cabin that is independent of the payload portion of the vehicle.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on other posts of yours, I’m picking up on your posting M.O.

My M.O. in this thread is to correct your factually inaccurate statements especially when you miss the point of my original post completely and decide to attack it with factually incorrect information. Your claim that Stellantis does not make a 3 row seating truck is false.

Users who are viewing this thread