5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Party Remote Start

Btdpi007

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has had a Viper, Compustar, etc remote start system installed in their 2019. I bought a 1500 with the 8.4 non-nav and I won't say I was mislead when I purchased my truck but I was misled about some of the functionality. I'll take the blame for not entirely doing the research, and relying on what the salesperson said, but the nice sized very clear screen, a name like "Uconnect", and it being 2019 made me believe it was a "connected" truck. I miss some of the features I had on my 2017 Chevy truck (heck, even a 2012 sedan we had was "connected") like remote start via app over the internet, remote door lock over internet, location, etc.

What this long winded post is for is wanting to see if there was a 3rd party option to get any of this functionality. Compustar's website seems to indicate not available yet for the 2019 (although Best Buy does say some of the Compustar options are available) and Viper's site indicates it is available but when I contacted a local authorized Viper shop they indicate it is not yet available. I am checking in to see if anyone as had anything installed and if so what exactly.

Thanks

FM45

Reaction score
Take a look at the Fashlogic piece for the Ram.. you can still retain the factory remote and if you need to be 'connected' you can do an add-on for your cell phone....

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. I thought they only did up to the “ Classic “ version ?

FM45

Reaction score
More info...

Attachments

• OEM-AL(RS)-CH13-[FLCAN]-EN_20190326-2.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 25

2019Ram64

Reaction score
I’d imagine viper smart start modules with the correct interface are working. I’ve seen some one with a new body DT have a viper remote start installed. I have oem start and things your looking for already so other than seeing it I haven’t looked for it. So a viper smart start with an idatalink interface device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online