5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Brake light leak warranty issued in Canada

Ram67

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just received a letter from FCA Canada stating that they will extend the warranty period to 10 years / 240,000 kilometres. The letter went in to say the issue with water on the headliner, water at the back of the cab or a leak from the 3rd brake/cargo light. The dealer will perform the appropriate repair. They will also compensate those who paid out of pocket if receipts are submitted.
Hope this helps

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excellent. Good to know. Mine was repaired a few months after I got the truck - new seal design I believe and all has been good.

Ram67

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just received a letter from FCA Canada stating that they will extend the warranty period to 10 years / 240,000 kilometres. The letter went in to say the issue with water on the headliner, water at the back of the cab or a leak from the 3rd brake/cargo light. The dealer will perform the appropriate repair. They will also compensate those who paid out of pocket if receipts are submitted.
Hope this helps
IMG_8469.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like they are only covering the light, not from the cracked window.
Also just says they are covering the CHMSL, which is the light itself, not a damaged headliner.
At least in the right direction, or a cop out to tell the government "look I am being nice don't get involved"

logboom

Reaction score
Hey all,
Hope this helps
Let's hope that they extend this to the U.S. as well.

Burns1200

Reaction score
I got my letter today too. When I bought the truck I replaced the seal with one from Amazon and put some silicon in the screw holes and have had no issues with it

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a "feel good" letter as most of the leaks are coming from the window. I question how many are actually from the 3rd brake light. Stellantis is probably looking at repair records and see the number of replaced lights related to the water leak. The problem with that is that my dealer replaced the 3rd brake light and seal on my truck for a rear window leak. That repair did not fix the leak. I fixed it myself, so there's no record of a window replacement for me. Too many dealers are taking a shortcut with parts replacement of the cheapest part 1st, but not actually resolving the leak issue.

Gus99

Reaction score
Anyone have a pdf copy of the letter sent by FCA Canada regarding the extended warranty for the CHMSL? my dealer is saying they won't cover it. Its unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread