5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3M Crystalline Windshield Tint - Highly Recommend

sessman

Reaction score
After lots of research into windshield tinting I decided to pull the trigger. I was super apprehensive about doing it because of it impacting overall visibility, especially at night.

I chose the 3M Crystalline 70 (CR70) which has about 58% VLT. (70% VLT on windshield is legal in CA JFYI). I wanted to share my review and that I'm super happy with the results.

The glare from the sun is significantly better, the glare from oncoming headlights at night is a massive improvement and the heat reduction is noticeable. You get slightly more privacy (not much) as well. I have 30% ceramic on my rear windows and 15% ceramic on the front (to match with the rears with/ privacy glass).

I attached some pics of the outside and visibility from the inside during night driving (daytime driving it's only slightly noticeable). 1st pic is a dark residential street with no street lights (or minimal) and 2nd is a busier street/stoplight. Overall I would argue that even at night the visibility isn't negatively impacted at all. My wife agrees and she is typically the more conservative one (shocker). If anything, the benefits of reduced glare at night improve overall visibility.

I need better exterior pics, snapped this one super fast and the reflection isn't typical.

For anyone on the fence, do it. I paid $350.

Attachments

• 20220728_170311 (1).jpg
    20220728_170311 (1).jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220729_212836.jpg
    20220729_212836.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220729_204510.jpg
    20220729_204510.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
After lots of research into windshield tinting I decided to pull the trigger. I was super apprehensive about doing it because of it impacting overall visibility, especially at night.

I chose the 3M Crystalline 70 (CR70) which has about 58% VLT. (70% VLT on windshield is legal in CA JFYI). I wanted to share my review and that I'm super happy with the results.

The glare from the sun is significantly better, the glare from oncoming headlights at night is a massive improvement and the heat reduction is noticeable. You get slightly more privacy (not much) as well. I have 30% ceramic on my front windows and 15% ceramic on the rears (to match with the privacy glass).

I attached some pics of the outside and visibility from the inside during night driving (daytime driving it's only slightly noticeable). 1st pic is a dark residential street with no street lights (or minimal) and 2nd is a busier street/stoplight. Overall I would argue that even at night the visibility isn't negatively impacted at all. My wife agrees and she is typically the more conservative one (shocker). If anything, the benefits of reduced glare at night improve overall visibility.

I need better exterior pics, snapped this one super fast and the reflection isn't typical.

For anyone on the fence, do it. I paid $350.
who did you have install it if you don't mind

Users who are viewing this thread