5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Printed Console Organizer Now available

lawlavigne

Reaction score
This is a great idea and a great way to capitalize on the need. You and your son should consider contacting FCA about this for the newer models coming out. Get it patented and sell the idea for some big money.

69Sting

Reaction score
Lawlavigne,

Thank you. We have discussed doing this larger to the point of mass production but start up cost money isn't there. He is only 15 and very busy with activities so he does this for fun, enjoys the development of idea vs mass production and uses his mini business for class assignments. Yes, I would love to expand on his talents but if i push to hard to take it over he won't grow and enjoy it. For now he keeps is small by his choice. Enjoys he can make something for people and feels closer to them this way.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Just ordered mine!! Great idea and great business. Now he just needs to 3D print more 3D printers. LOL!! Side note, could you put the ram logo in one of the bins? I think it would be a nice touch.

rome5982

Reaction score
So does the shorter version for the Limited work now for the Longhorn as well? Or is the Longhorn still out of luck?

69Sting

Reaction score
Just ordered mine!! Great idea and great business. Now he just needs to 3D print more 3D printers. LOL!! Side note, could you put the ram logo in one of the bins? I think it would be a nice touch.
He could but that would be copy right infringements.

69Sting

Reaction score
So does the shorter version for the Limited work now for the Longhorn as well? Or is the Longhorn still out of luck?
I do believe it does. Unfortunately can't remember if any Longhorn users left feedback on it.

Swicago

Reaction score
Yes he will. Please be patient and watch the site. He will add more stock when he has them ready. Thank you for checking.

Has your son considered selling the STL file for DIY prints? With the contingency, that the buyer can only use it to print for themself, no reselling! This way you son can still profit from his work and not have to print each one individually. Someone could chose a wood filament and stain or a silver filament mimicking billet

warri

Reaction score
Interested in the STL as well, I've got a printer at home itching to print something? I'd gladly pay something for the STL file.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He could but that would be copy right infringements.
Would not be, unless you try to sell them. If you want to go big, print one, have a mold fabricated and do injection molding. You could get 2 or 3 per minute molded.

joemo

Reaction score
Just ordered one. Huge props to your son for making this. I used to work at a 3d prototyping shop a few years ago. I know what it takes to design/produce etc.. He did something on a rockstar level :)

JoeI21

Reaction score
Just ordered one. Huge props to your son for making this. I used to work at a 3d prototyping shop a few years ago. I know what it takes to design/produce etc.. He did something on a rockstar level :)
can you post pics when you get it?

joemo

Reaction score
can you post pics when you get it?
Sure can. I will even do a video on my channel for ya. When I saw it was made by a young man still in highschool, I knew I had to support that kind of a person. Having kids of my own, when you see initiative like that.... its something to be proud of.
I am still waiting for delivery but will certainly take many pics..

joemo

Reaction score
Sure can. I will even do a video on my channel for ya. When I saw it was made by a young man still in highschool, I knew I had to support that kind of a person. Having kids of my own, when you see initiative like that.... its something to be proud of.
I am still waiting for delivery but will certainly take many pics..

Here you go.. This is what it looks like.. Hopefully nothing offends you. The organizer is nicely made. You do need to take the rubber insert out of this area if you have it. It will not fit with that rubber piece.

Attachments

• edited.jpeg
    edited.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 43

JoeI21

Reaction score
View attachment 138408

Here you go.. This is what it looks like.. Hopefully nothing offends you. The organizer is nicely made. You do need to take the rubber insert out of this area if you have it. It will not fit with that rubber piece.
you ever ask about the lower area?

Users who are viewing this thread