5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37s/5-6 inch lift questions...

Bajabizzyenjoyer

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this question and/or this is a really stupid request. I finally got myself a ram. I really want to do a 5-6 inch lift with some 37s on it based on other trucks I have seen, I love the look of that combination. Now this is my first truck so I am still very much learning a lot about lifting, tires, gear ratios etc. Unfortunately it is extremely hard to find a definitive answers for my questions so I am hoping I can get some help here. My General question is if anyone can give me some advice if they have done a similar build to what I plan on doing, Like how much trimming they had to do if any and just any overall information that they wish they knew prior to lifting and putting some beefier tires on. I would appreciate it! Thanks guys!

Also the general consensus that i have gathered doing research is that I am much better off having the 3.92 gear axle ratio with the lift/tire combo I would like to do as well correct?

My Truck is a 2023 Laramie Crew Cab with the 5.7L with etorque with the 5'7 bed and the 3.92 gears

PS: Picture because she's purddy

Attachments

• Hemi.JPG
    Hemi.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 23

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're going to do a lift, don't cheap out, but you also don't need to break the bank. With that being said a lot will depend on your budget. I've lifted a couple 4th Gen so they're comparable with some slight differences being wheel wells. I did a 6" w/ 37's and forget the wheel size and offset, but didn't need to trim anything.

I would make sure to pick the best Struts/ Coilovers/ Shock/ Rear coils you can afford. That will matter how the ride will turn out.

I would look at Superlift, Zone Off-road or BDS to mention a few

I've had the Zone Offroad 4" lift with Bilsteins 5100 and 35's, then Superlift 6" w/ Bilstein 6112/5160 and 35 to 37's before I sold it.

Jack-It lift

Last edited:

Bajabizzyenjoyer

Reaction score
If you're going to do a lift, don't cheap out, but you also don't need to break the bank. With that being said a lot will depend on your budget. I've lifted a couple 4th Gen so they're comparable with some slight differences being wheel wells. I did a 6" w/ 37's and forget the wheel size and offset, but didn't need to trim anything.

I would make sure to pick the best Struts/ Coilovers/ Shock/ Rear coils you can afford. That will matter how the ride will turn out.

I've had the Zone Offroad 4" lift with Bilsteins 5100 and 35's, then Superlift 6" w/ Bilstein 6112/5160 and 35 to 37's before I sold it.

Jack-It lift
Okay great information, thank you very much I really appreciate it this was exactly the type of advice I was looking for.

Bajabizzyenjoyer

Reaction score

Jack-It lift
Would you recommend Rough Country?

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I have rough country 5 inch lift + 1 additional inch using air suspension links, with fuel blitz 22x12 -44 offset wheels and 37x12.5 ridge grapplers and had to trim a lot. The metal pinch weld is half gone on my truck, the front valance was trimmed, the wheel wells were trimmed and bolted back as far as they could go. I still get a little bit of rub on the front air dam (the electronic one that comes down at high speed).

im thinking of going with 22x10s in the future with a -18 or -25 offset instead.

Attachments

• 20210325_104634.jpg
    20210325_104634.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210325_174822.jpg
    20210325_174822.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210325_104616.jpg
    20210325_104616.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread