5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37 in tires with pedal commander

RAMROB91

Reaction score
has anyone used a pedal commander to compensate for 37 in tires, or if it helped at all? on a ram 1500

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
PC only helps with throttle response, it doesn’t add any power. The only thing that would help with the 37’s is lower gearing. 3.92’s are about perfect with 35” tires, I’d look at 4.56 or 4.88 gears. Even those won’t help with power but it will put the final drive ratio back in line with where the engine is tuned to run best.

Rollint

Reaction score
Also, you'll need to do a speedometer recalibration, which pedal commander cannot do. You'll need a separate tool for that

westcoastram

Reaction score
let me know still waiting for my shocks from fox to come in hopefully within the next couple of weeks
So, i've had the pedal commander on for about a week now and at first it was great, but it just started throwing codes today randomly.
Service ABS
Service traction control system
4 wheel drive temporarily unavailable etc.

I'll be calling pedal commander on Monday to see what I should do. I've disconnected the battery and reset the system multiple times. Checked my ABS plugs etc. I'm at a loss.

RAMROB91

Reaction score
So, i've had the pedal commander on for about a week now and at first it was great, but it just started throwing codes today randomly.
Service ABS
Service traction control system
4 wheel drive temporarily unavailable etc.

I'll be calling pedal commander on Monday to see what I should do. I've disconnected the battery and reset the system multiple times. Checked my ABS plugs etc. I'm at a loss.
****! maybe I should look into something else foe the moment keep me posted on what they say yeah?

westcoastram

Reaction score
****! maybe I should look into something else foe the moment keep me posted on what they say yeah?
It wasn't the pedal commanders fault... My ABS sensor was rubbing against my tire after the lift install and broke.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread