5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36k miles manifolds cracked

i_squared_r

Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 with hemi, 36k miles. It started shortly after my CPO warranty expired. 2 cracked manifolds. The mechanic charged me $830 to change the passenger side with OEM manifold. Have to bring it back for the drivers side. Back window also leaked while I was away 3 months. Moldy carpet, bought a replacement for $400 on ebay. Already fixed broken catback bolt and leaky 3rd brake light. What else gonna break on this relatively new truck?

img_7634-jpg.218675

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 with hemi, 36k miles. It started shortly after my CPO warranty expired. 2 cracked manifolds. The mechanic charged me $830 to change the passenger side with OEM manifold. Have to bring it back for the drivers side. Back window also leaked while I was away 3 months. Moldy carpet, bought a replacement for $400 on ebay. Already fixed broken catback bolt and leaky 3rd brake light. What else gonna break on this relatively new truck?

img_7634-jpg.218675
I thought manifolds were covered under the power train warranty.

i_squared_r

Reaction score
I thought manifolds were covered under the power train warranty.

It's my understanding that power train warranty just covers engine or transmission failure. When I called RAM customer service they said that there was nothing they could do about it.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
It's my understanding that power train warranty just covers engine or transmission failure. When I called RAM customer service they said that there was nothing they could do about it.
You might want to look into that and or push back harder my friend... im sure folks on here have had that covered under power terrain warranty. I myself know of two people who got them covered under warranty. So as @vincentw56 said... im pretty sure thats covered... and not just the bolts, but the E manifold itself as well. But to answer your "What else gonna break on this relatively new truck?"... these are extremely common issues with these trucks and have been an issue an issue for YEARS, nothing new, for as long as the HEMIs have been around from what ive heard to be exact. Should have known better before getting into one, respectfully. (besides 3rd brake light thats a 5thgen issue, to my knowledge, again extremely common especially between 2019-2022, a quick google search will pull up more threads about it than you can count, with different people having this problem, but idk about 4thgen).

i_squared_r

Reaction score
You might want to look into that and or push back harder my friend... im sure folks on here have had that covered under power terrain warranty. I myself know of two people who got them covered under warranty. So as @vincentw56 said... im pretty sure thats covered... and not just the bolts, but the E manifold itself as well. But to answer your "What else gonna break on this relatively new truck?"... these are extremely common issues with these trucks and have been an issue an issue for YEARS, nothing new, for as long as the HEMIs have been around from what ive heard to be exact. Should have known better before getting into one, respectfully. (besides 3rd brake light thats a 5thgen issue, to my knowledge, again extremely common especially between 2019-2022, a quick google search will pull up more threads about it than you can count, with different people having this problem, but idk about 4thgen).

I'll go to the dealer again today. I already have an appointment for May 6. I did research before buying the truck, but I am frustrated by time frame for repairs. To get appointments has always been 1-3 months out. I'll ask if it's possible to get reimbursed at least for the part

i_squared_r

Reaction score
Those are the most commons ones, you might be good for a while.
My understanding is that the manifolds fall under the emissions warranty?

The plot thickens. The RAM dealer in Florida doesn't have record of my CPO powertrain warranty. They told me that it doesn't cover manifolds anyway, so thats a fight for another day. But I have to find out why the dealer in NY sold me a CPO but didnt give me the warranty. I called a few times but they're not answering.

If it comes to it, I'll trip the o2 code and tell them the exhaust leak is causing it! Federal emissions warranty

i_squared_r

Reaction score
The plot thickens. The RAM dealer in Florida doesn't have record of my CPO powertrain warranty. They told me that it doesn't cover manifolds anyway, so thats a fight for another day. But I have to find out why the dealer in NY sold me a CPO but didnt give me the warranty. I called a few times but they're not answering.

If it comes to it, I'll trip the o2 code and tell them the exhaust leak is causing it! Federal emissions warranty

Found out why the CPO wasn't showing on their "DealerConnect". She asked the mileage, I said "36,000 miles" and then it didn't show. I spoke to the dealer in NY and he said "you can't enter 36,000 because it will only show the factory powertrain warranty. you have to put more than 36,000 and the CPO will show" so that worked. Then spoke to the manager at the service center here and he's going to take care of the manifold and back window. Maybe he can get it sooner. Maybe I'll get a rental car. I'll find out monday when i drop it off. Going to talk to Chrysler to see if they'll reimburse me for the other manifold that i already did. Thanks for the help! I almost paid for 2 manifolds

i_squared_r

Reaction score
RAM took care of it and picked it up this morning. Things really started moving along after we spoke with the service manager. They got me a new rear window and exhaust manifold. Wallace RAM in Stuart, FL did a good job and I'm feeling better about the RAM brand again. As for the mold smell, I bought a ozone generator online and ran it for an hour (don't do 1 hour, its overkill). Then cleaned it again. I did briefly smell it yesterday when I picked up the truck, but I cleaned the interior again. I think a few ozone treatments, HEPA filter, and a good steaming of the carpets and headliner will kill off whatever remaining mold. Maybe this post will help someone in the future who is also dealing with mold.

i_squared_r

Reaction score
Did they reimburse you for the first manifold that was supposed to be covered under warranty?
I'm working on it. It seems like its about getting the right person on the phone. The manager at the dealer said I must return to the other mechanic and ask him to get the invoice from RAM showings its the original part. I'll go there on Monday and update the thread in case anybody else goes through the same.

Users who are viewing this thread