5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 degree view option

AL1958

Reaction score
All, I have a Laramie, not even sure if the 360 view was available, tried to find it on the website, no luck. I read where somebody replaced his tow mirrors with Power folding mirrors. I'd like to replace my power mirrors with powers that have cameras in them. Can that be done? Has anyone tried this? To the person that replaced his TOW mirrors, is the wiring harness all right there in the door?
Thank you all,

Al

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
All, I have a Laramie, not even sure if the 360 view was available, tried to find it on the website, no luck. I read where somebody replaced his tow mirrors with Power folding mirrors. I'd like to replace my power mirrors with powers that have cameras in them. Can that be done? Has anyone tried this? To the person that replaced his TOW mirrors, is the wiring harness all right there in the door?
Thank you all,

Al

NGH = Not Gonna Happen

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
NGH = Not Gonna Happen

Why do you got to be like that?

If it was an option from the factory, it can be an option to install from scratch. Heck, I read about a guy who had the front bench seat and put the console back in and got all of the electrical working for the USB, power outlet, etc.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do you got to be like that?

If it was an option from the factory, it can be an option to install from scratch. Heck, I read about a guy who had the front bench seat and put the console back in and got all of the electrical working for the USB, power outlet, etc.

Everything's possible if you try hard enough and believe in yourself. (With enough money and time too) The console swap and usb upgrade is essentially bolt in and plug and play.

However, things that are practical and within the scope of someone who doesn't understand how trucks are manufactured, that's entirely different... (even for someone who does understand the manufacturing process). There is NO plug and play option for the front and side camera's in these trucks. It requires all sorts of hardware, including a new grill, the camera's itself, modules to control them, wiring harnesses all over the vehicle need to be installed and / or replaced, options need to be coded in the back end of the electronics that control the truck, etc, etc. To summarize, it's just:

NGH

Users who are viewing this thread