5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 camera

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am old school and always figured if you can’t drive/ maneuver a pickup with or without a trailer by just using the mirrors then you didn’t deserve to drive a pickup. As stated before I was a victim of the tow mirror fiasco on my first order. Even after I found out about my deleted surround view it took me a couple of weeks to go ahead and reorder because of my old school way of thinking. The more I thought about it I was more upset about not getting something I actually had paid for (surround view) so I reordered. I was less concerned with the power fold because there is plenty of room at home in my garage and I have a large garage door but it is nice to know it is there if needed. Now that I have the surround view I love it!:giggle: I find myself watching it more than my mirrors, not sure if that is good or bad. I am really impressed with the image quality and I also like the ability of using the front cameras. Surround view is something I could do without but now that I have it and have used it I really enjoy it. I have also found IMO the regular mirrors are adequate for towing my trailer. Just my two cents!;)

Last edited:

ewag

Reaction score
There's an option where you can select how long the backup camera stays on when moving out of Reverse. Set mine to the max and the nice thing is that when you switch from Reverse into Drive it shows the front cameras. Nice feature for at home with dogs and kids everywhere. Would be great if there was a way to show the forward cameras automatically when you put it in drive (without coming from reverse).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
??? Didn't know about that.....

I've got a lot to learn.....
Starting on page 399 of the PDF manual: "Zoom View When the Rear View Camera image is being displayed, and the vehicle speed is below 8 mph (13 km/h) while in any gear selector position, Zoom View is available. By pressing the “magnifying glass” icon in the upper left of the display screen, the image will zoom in to four times the standard view. Pressing the icon a second time will return the view to the standard Backup Camera display."

The dealer and I played with this on our test drive. GREAT for aligning with a trailer!

RT70808

Reaction score
Starting on page 399 of the PDF manual: "Zoom View When the Rear View Camera image is being displayed, and the vehicle speed is below 8 mph (13 km/h) while in any gear selector position, Zoom View is available. By pressing the “magnifying glass” icon in the upper left of the display screen, the image will zoom in to four times the standard view. Pressing the icon a second time will return the view to the standard Backup Camera display."

The dealer and I played with this on our test drive. GREAT for aligning with a trailer!
I will have to try this, bought my truck and a few days later it was parked on the roof of the long term airport garage for all to see. Since then 900 miles all work related and my boat hasn’t been hooked up yet. Actually I need to put in the ball from my Grand Cherokee and measure the distance from ground!
Personal rant here: people driving with their trailers not level and people who put a ball in and flip it up to make it level with the bumper !?!

mtehonica

Reaction score
Personal rant here: people driving with their trailers not level and people who put a ball in and flip it up to make it level with the bumper !?!

Haha, yes, this. When I get my 19 Limited, I have to do the same thing with my WDH from my 17 GC!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't have my truck yet but plan to do this if possible. Going to put the camera app as my first (on the left) bottom icon on the 12". That way I can just tap it any time I want the 360 view.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Anyone know if the dealer can install these cameras? I have a loaded Laramie Black, but that’s the one thing I wanted that was missing.

Also, I do see a front camera in front of the rear view mirror, any idea idea what that’s for?

cjmst23

Reaction score
Real easy.... DON'T BUY A TRUCK WITHOUT THE 360 VIEW CAMERAS!

Mohab

Reaction score
Dear friend don't compromise, you paying 55+k you deserve to get what u want, 360 camera is awesome and two mirror is useless if u don't two. I drove 675 miles to get the truck I was looking for

Marusho

Reaction score
I use the camera. I moved an icon to the bottom of the screen for launching it. Like Sheldon I have a particular spot where I park and I can repeat this within inches using the camera. There's a retaining wall on the passenger side of my driveway, so I want to park as close as possible to the LH side without intruding on the lawn. Then I can fully open the RH doors and have room for a motorcycle or wheelie bin to go past. In addition, I like to park at the end of the driveway to discourage trucks from using my 12' driveway (the only one on the street) for turning around, because of damage they have caused. With the camera I can place the truck in my preferred location without overhanging the gutter. Not so easy with a backup camera.

Also I have occasion to pass folks on a harrow, steep, dirt road, with a serious ditch and, in places, a dropoff. At low speed I can get a clear view of where all these hazards are. Also useful is the option to tilt mirrors down when in reverse.

jsonadam

Reaction score
I have the tow mirrors and would like the 360 camera. Anyone know if you can somehow add it aftermarket or have Dodge replace the tow mirrors?

Capt Joe

Reaction score
I have the tow mirrors and would like the 360 camera. Anyone know if you can somehow add it aftermarket or have Dodge replace the tow mirrors?
I'm sorry, but it would be easier to replace the truck. There is a thread on here of a few folks that attempted it but uts very involved and costly. Im not joking that it comes down to 2 things, either live with it, or take the hit and trade it in.

CMENT

Reaction score
My last truck (F150) had 360. Never used it or the trailer assist function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RAM 4times

Reaction score
the 360 camera is one of the best things on this truck! use it every time i'm backing up.

probe

Reaction score
360 camera is one of the best things on this truck! So glad I did not accept my first truck that didn't have the 360 camera.

Webbd30

Reaction score
Need it!

Bay Area, California- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4, 5'7 Bed, Granite Chrystal, E locker, Black Interior, 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 axle, Level 2 Equip Group, 12in NAV, Advanced Safety Group, Pano Sun Roof, Bed Utility Group, Air suspension, Off Road Group, 20X9 +1 Fuel wheels, 275/65R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Deployable bed step, 33 gallon tank, Ram Box, Trailer break control, Mopar Slush Mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread