5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 camera

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those that have it, how much do you use the 360 degree camera view?

I'm asking as if I'm forced to start looking locally for a truck on the lot (i.e. if they can't make the damn Rambox models in the very near future), I can find a truck on the lot of a local dealer that is close to what I ordered, however its got the trailer tow mirrors which I really don't want but may have to live with, hence i'd lose the 360 camera.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had it in a vehicle before and I love it. It is honestly very useful for parking along curbs, making tight turns in parking structures or drive-thrus, and pulling up close to something. I'd say the other factor that would bother me would be losing the power folding ability. Additionally, I could easily live without it and be fine. But it is a feature that I do use daily, rather than the auto park stuff. Man I hope your orders start getting shipped soon! I am certainly not one to talk about patience tho...lol

RAM 4times

Reaction score
it's something now i would never be without. i agree with @ alwi228 parking just is so much easier. it's like there is a camera directly over your truck looking down on your truck and what's around it. unless you really have to have the tow mirrors get the 360 camera! i think that's why some of the members here say they see a lot of trucks on lots not moving very fast. i would bet most of them have the tow mirrors. i just think they look bad.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it's something now i would never be without. i agree with @ alwi228 parking just is so much easier. it's like there is a camera directly over your truck looking down on your truck and what's around it. unless you really have to have the tow mirrors get the 360 camera! i think that's why some of the members here say they see a lot of trucks on lots not moving very fast. i would bet most of them have the tow mirrors. i just think they look bad.

That's definitely the problem...alot of the trucks I see within a 250 mile radius in the color I want have the tow package :mad:

RAM 4times

Reaction score
That's definitely the problem...alot of the trucks I see within a 250 mile radius in the color I want have the tow package :mad:
just try to and wait for your truck. it took 14 weeks and 1 day before my truck got to my dealer. i ordered on 4-11.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just try to and wait for your truck. it took 14 weeks and 1 day before my truck got to my dealer. i ordered on 4-11.

I'm trying.....issue will be if dealer starts to try to reduce my trade-in value due to the increase mileage (which they have now stated is a possibility). I'm 12 weeks in now, not yet made the production line.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a LL I ordered without the safety package I wonder if I can add the cameras
If it is only D status and you ask firmly/nicely your dealer can request it from headquarters. Not normal but possible... My dealer did it.
EDIT: Sorry @Aries Ram I forgot your LL truck is built already. If your service department is able to add that let us know. I was contemplating adding blind spot detection later to my BigHorn Level 2, wondering if the sensors were already in and just needed to be “switched on” or if actual kit was required to be added.

Last edited:

somebody

Reaction score
This is one of those technologically advanced options I could live without, but the truck had it.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I really like the 360 camera but I did not want all the extra safety stuff that was included to get them.

ewag

Reaction score
Never had one before, but I do think it's not only pretty cool feature, but very useful and many safety benefits. Could do without it, but now that I have one, I'll probably always prefer to have it on future rides.

Flot

Reaction score
I hate to say it for all the folks that didn't get it due to tow mirrors, but I really like the 360 cam. Especially when parallel parking in front of something, it gives you a lot of perspective of where the truck is at. Ditto with parking lot lines, etc.

RT70808

Reaction score
I hate to say it for all the folks that didn't get it due to tow mirrors, but I really like the 360 cam. Especially when parallel parking in front of something, it gives you a lot of perspective of where the truck is at. Ditto with parking lot lines, etc.
I second you on that, coming from being a SUV owner and this being my first full size truck the 360 camera is great for parking lot lines. I am now one of those guys who backs in to park.

Users who are viewing this thread