5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 Camera Alignment

1500DFW

Reaction score
Hoping y’all can help me out. I recently bought a 2019 Limited from CarMax. Under their warranty I had both exterior mirrors replaced as the gears were stripped. After CarMax replaced the mirrors and had the RAM dealership calibrate the 360 Surround Cameras the the top down view does not align correctly. Attached is a picture of what the problem is. I’ve taken the truck back to the RAM dealership twice to have it fixed and they finally opened a ticket with Chrysler. They came back today and told me that they tested the camera view on two brand new trucks on the lot and they both looked exactly like mine and that my image is normal. I am going to go back on Monday and look for myself, but I was hoping someone might be able to send me some pictures of their images to either support this or refute this claim.

I am almost positive the images aligned correctly when I first purchased the truck and I’ve never seen another view like this on any other vehicle ever.

6b90b62e7c537c17bf5cf189a54e09a5.jpg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Lots of pictures there.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Thanks. I checked out that thread. There’s a couple pictures in there that show them appearing to line up correctly. And a couple that are slightly off. I’m still kind of uncertain.

Can anybody verify if their images look like mine if there parked between two parallel lines that run the entire length of the truck? Even the shadow of the truck doesn’t line up in my image.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I looked at mine today and it isn't perfectly lined up. I don't think it would be done the CVPM is just stitching the image together. It will never be perfect.

1500DFW

Reaction score
I looked at mine today and it isn't perfectly lined up. I don't think it would be done the CVPM is just stitching the image together. It will never be perfect.

Is it as far off as the picture I posted of mine?

1500DFW

Reaction score
Now that’s not too bad. I could live with that. Just slightly off. Mine has a significant difference. Thank you. I’m going to go back and insist it gets fixed.

msy288

Reaction score
Hi OP, any follow-up on the 360 View issue? I came across the same issue today after changing both side mirrors.

Shaun01

Reaction score
Anyone able to correct 360 camera after upgradeing to tow mirror

Attachments

• IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/