5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35X12.5X22 on 22X12X-55s

CharlieTRebel19

Reaction score
I have ordered a set of Arkon Crown series Victory 22X12X-55 wheels to put on my Rebel.
I ordered the 35X12.5X22 tires mounted, that measure 34.8", which IMO is a small 35.
I was originally told by the shop who is/was going to install my lift that a 2" leveling kit would be enough.
Now that I have ordered 4K worth of wheels/tires he says I will need a 6" lift with lots of trimming.
Has anyone tried a high negative offset wheel on 35s,as I think this is going to Look awesome, just want to get them on with as small a lift as possible.

Maxram

Reaction score
I have ordered a set of Arkon Crown series Victory 22X12X-55 wheels to put on my Rebel.
I ordered the 35X12.5X22 tires mounted, that measure 34.8", which IMO is a small 35.
I was originally told by the shop who is/was going to install my lift that a 2" leveling kit would be enough.
Now that I have ordered 4K worth of wheels/tires he says I will need a 6" lift with lots of trimming.
Has anyone tried a high negative offset wheel on 35s,as I think this is going to Look awesome, just want to get them on with as small a lift as possible.
You'll have to do major trimming for any lift under 4", minor trimming for a 6" with 35's.

JHRebel

Reaction score
You'll have to do major trimming for any lift under 4", minor trimming for a 6" with 35's.
I run 35x11.5 on my stock Rebel wheels with with a 2inch level with no issues...ops issue is the width.

Maxram

Reaction score
I run 35x11.5 on my stock Rebel wheels with with a 2inch level with no issues...ops issue is the width.

Yup and that offset combined. I've been down this road lol, no way around it with that size tire and offset.

CharlieTRebel19

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am looking into a 6 inch lift, will hopefully have one installed and wheels/tires on by end of month.
I was not expecting another 4k+ this month, just to get the set on,...Uhhhggg!!!
Any suggestions on a good lift , without breaking the bank, Not RC I have only read Bad things about their quality!
I will post pics as soon as I have it all together, I really think it will be a head turner!

Maxram

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am looking into a 6 inch lift, will hopefully have one installed and wheels/tires on by end of month.
I was not expecting another 4k+ this month, just to get the set on,...Uhhhggg!!!
Any suggestions on a good lift , without breaking the bank, Not RC I have only read Bad things about their quality!
I will post pics as soon as I have it all together, I really think it will be a head turner!
Procomp is your best bet price wise and it's a good kit.

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
For the same price of a pro comp lift you can have BDS. I prefer a BDS. Just my opinion. There are also people clearing 35×12.5 on here with just a level. Its possible and the trimming isnt that intense

Derek_Rebel

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Finally got a moment to post something on here. I spend more time reading everyone else's. Got a local shop to add the rough country leveling kit(top hat Spacers) and Nitto Terra Grapplers 35x12.5R22 to the truck. Having a little bit of issue on the right side, will be taking it back to get fixed. Seems a bit bouncy..not a whole lot, maybe just needs time to settle.

Here are some pictures, nothing special . Once I get it cleaned up, I'll post more. Thanks for looking

Example of level with 35x12.5

Attachments

• 20191105_164009.jpg
    20191105_164009.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 296

CharlieTRebel19

Reaction score
I think my problem is more the -55 offset combined with the 12.5 tires.
I gain 2 inches of tire and 2.1 inches of wheel , totaling 4.1 inches of horizontal gain over stock.
This combination I think is why the mechanic and users on here have suggested a 6" lift, to get out of the (center) larger radius zone, into the upper radius zone of the tire, therefore gaining enough clearance on this extreme set up.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Here is a better picture of the rough country leveling kit. Normal driving is fine. Hard turns of course does rub.

Attachments

• 20191106_161830.jpg
    20191106_161830.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Rplante3108

Reaction score
And yes just 2' level kit with 35/12.5R22 in the stock 22s(sorry dont know the offset) and not a rebel... hard turns it is rubbing. There is a flappy part in the inner liner I am needing to trim. Not sure on the front. I know your offset is different and again every shop is different, but the guys who did mine said I need at least 4 inch lift...again that is with my stock 22 wheels with the 35/12.5R22. Hope that helps some.

Maxram

Reaction score
I think my problem is more the -55 offset combined with the 12.5 tires.
I gain 2 inches of tire and 2.1 inches of wheel , totaling 4.1 inches of horizontal gain over stock.
This combination I think is why the mechanic and users on here have suggested a 6" lift, to get out of the (center) larger radius zone, into the upper radius zone of the tire, therefore gaining enough clearance on this extreme set up.
If you're buying the kit yourself and having them put it on your best price will be on the Procomp kit. Liftkits for less has the Procomp basic kit for $1599 right now (lowest price I know of) and BDS for $2k. Fabtech also makes a good basic kit for $2k.

I'm essentially doing the same setup as you, 22x12 or 22x14 Arkons with 35's for summer. For winter I already have a set of 20x12 XD820's with 35" Ridge Grapplers. The offset on the 820's are -44 I believe. I've held off on ordering my lift because I'm waiting for the Superlift kit to come out. They told me it will be released Dec 1st.

Anyways, I've test fitted the 820's and jacked the suspension up in the front to simulate different height lifts. You can make it work with a 4" lift aka BDS or a 3.5 Ready Lift but you will definitely have a fair amount of trimming & removing the little mudflaps. At 6" + you should be fine other than possibly the mudflaps. None of it is major work or even hard to do.

It all comes down to how much you want to cut your truck up. Neither way is wrong per say, it's all personal preference. With those size rims and tires, personally, I would go with a 6" lift. I think the sqaut look is ok but seems half done imo.

Nate the Great

Reaction score
If you're buying the kit yourself and having them put it on your best price will be on the Procomp kit. Liftkits for less has the Procomp basic kit for $1599 right now (lowest price I know of) and BDS for $2k. Fabtech also makes a good basic kit for $2k.

I'm essentially doing the same setup as you, 22x12 or 22x14 Arkons with 35's for summer. For winter I already have a set of 20x12 XD820's with 35" Ridge Grapplers. The offset on the 820's are -44 I believe. I've held off on ordering my lift because I'm waiting for the Superlift kit to come out. They told me it will be released Dec 1st.

Anyways, I've test fitted the 820's and jacked the suspension up in the front to simulate different height lifts. You can make it work with a 4" lift aka BDS or a 3.5 Ready Lift but you will definitely have a fair amount of trimming & removing the little mudflaps. At 6" + you should be fine other than possibly the mudflaps. None of it is major work or even hard to do.

It all comes down to how much you want to cut your truck up. Neither way is wrong per say, it's all personal preference. With those size rims and tires, personally, I would go with a 6" lift. I think the sqaut look is ok but seems half done imo.

Why are you waiting on Superlift when the Pro Comp is supposed to be great lift?

Not that the Superlift is not a good lift. I actually have a 6 inch Superlift on my 2016 Ford F-150. I've put about 65k miles on it with no issues. However, I was slightly disappointed in the ride quality. I blame part of the poor ride on the fact that I run 33x12.5r22 Toyo ATII tires on 22x12 Fuel Hostage II wheels. I had 35x12.5r22 AMP Terrain Attack AT on the same wheels, but it rubbed and did not seem to improve ride quality that much.

My uncle's 2013 Ram 2500 has the 4in Pro Comp lift. It seems to ride better, but he has 20x12s with 35x12.5r20 tires.

Do you notice a big difference in the ride quality when switching from 22s to 20s?

The 35s will fit with a leveling kit: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/618296/2019-ram-1500-xf-offroad-xf-208

Of course they fit better with the 3.5 in ReadyLift: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/800187/2019-ram-1500-hostile-rage-readylift

And even better with a 6in lift: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/727723/2019-ram-1500-tis-544bm-bds-suspension

Last edited:

AFTERMATH1500

Reaction score
A lot of trimming metal and plastic with level or 3.5 kit. Minor plastic trimming with the 6 inch for that set up. I have done a ton of research. Mine goes in the shop today for 6 inch fab tech, 22x12 -44 and 35s with fox shocks. And the shop will have to do minor plastic trimming.

Maxram

Reaction score
Why are you waiting on Superlift when the Pro Comp is supposed to be great lift?

Not that the Superlift is not a good lift. I actually have a 6 inch Superlift on my 2016 Ford F-150. I've put about 65k miles on it with no issues. However, I was slightly disappointed in the ride quality. I blame part of the poor ride on the fact that I run 33x12.5r22 Toyo ATII tires on 22x12 Fuel Hostage II wheels. I had 35x12.5r22 AMP Terrain Attack AT on the same wheels, but it rubbed and did not seem to improve ride quality that much.

My uncle's 2013 Ram 2500 has the 4in Pro Comp lift. It seems to ride better, but he has 20x12s with 35x12.5r20 tires.

Do you notice a big difference in the ride quality when switching from 22s to 20s?

The 35s will fit with a leveling kit: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/618296/2019-ram-1500-xf-offroad-xf-208

Of course they fit better with the 3.5 in ReadyLift: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/800187/2019-ram-1500-hostile-rage-readylift

And even better with a 6in lift: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/727723/2019-ram-1500-tis-544bm-bds-suspension

I'm waiting for Superlift to see what options they're going to offer with it. Possibly blisteins or fox because they just signed a deal with them recently. If not I'll likely go with procomp, bds or fabtech and upgrade the shocks. Also wanted to wait till around christmas to buy as there will be deals across the board.

Nate the Great

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Superlift to see what options they're going to offer with it. Possibly blisteins or fox because they just signed a deal with them recently. If not I'll likely go with procomp, bds or fabtech and upgrade the shocks. Also wanted to wait till around christmas to buy as there will be deals across the board.
That makes sense. I couldn't pass up the Pro Comp deal on liftkits4less. So I called up my local shop and they were able to get me a slightly better deal. I ordered the kit with my local shop and once it comes in I will be having it installed. I am going to run the stock 20s for a little while, while the lift settles. Another reason why I plan to leave the stocks on for a while is because when I lifted my F-150, after the second retorque and alignment I went on a 2k mile trip and the front tires were really worn out to the point that I had to repalce them. I don't want to go through the same thing with this one so I'm leaving the stocks on for a while. I will post a pic of the truck lifted with stock wheels and tires when it is done so you all can laugh at the huge wheelwell gap. :LOL:

Maxram

Reaction score
That makes sense. I couldn't pass up the Pro Comp deal on liftkits4less. So I called up my local shop and they were able to get me a slightly better deal. I ordered the kit with my local shop and once it comes in I will be having it installed. I am going to run the stock 20s for a little while, while the lift settles. Another reason why I plan to leave the stocks on for a while is because when I lifted my F-150, after the second retorque and alignment I went on a 2k mile trip and the front tires were really worn out to the point that I had to repalce them. I don't want to go through the same thing with this one so I'm leaving the stocks on for a while. I will post a pic of the truck lifted with stock wheels and tires when it is done so you all can laugh at the huge wheelwell gap. :LOL:
I didn't even consider leaving stocks on.....good call. Luckily I'm running my winter set of wheels and tires I got pretty cheap before slapping on the expensive summer gear so it should work out.

Users who are viewing this thread