5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35X12.5R18 With 2 inch level

Cjclemons

Reaction score
I have already seen posts regarding this topic but I have yet to get an answer that will convince me to pull the trigger on the 35 inch KO2. I got my truck leveled today and it as always, made a huge difference and I love the difference it made. I am now considering 35 inch tires but do NOT want it to rub at full lock. Does anyone have this particular tire on a rebel with a 2 inch level? Thanks, I will include pics. I really hate tire rub but if it is minimal I can live with it.

tempImageeNgYaG.jpg

Louhound88

Reaction score
I have already seen posts regarding this topic but I have yet to get an answer that will convince me to pull the trigger on the 35 inch KO2. I got my truck leveled today and it as always, made a huge difference and I love the difference it made. I am now considering 35 inch tires but do NOT want it to rub at full lock. Does anyone have this particular tire on a rebel with a 2 inch level? Thanks, I will include pics. I really hate tire rub but if it is minimal I can live with it.

View attachment 117823

I don't have a rebel but my experience may still help you. I have a Bighorn "Lonestar" with night edition 20" wheels. +19 offset I believe on these factory wheels.

I started off with pretty heavy rake on my truck, 39" ground to rear fender and 36.25" ground to front fender.

I installed a 2.5" leveling kit and now have Yokohama Geolandar MT 295/65r20 on the stock wheels. No rub anywhere.

My main concern was with space between the inside of the tire and the upper control arm/ball joint. On stock wheel/tire setup I had maybe 5/8" of space at this spot. So I was worried about going to a 35x12.5 tire because it seemed like it would touch the ball joint. I thought about getting new wheels with more negative offset (maybe +10 or less) but i really liked the night edition wheels and didn't want the tires to poke past fenders.

So I went with the 295/65r20 on what I read to be a fairly narrow tire once mounted. After motofab 2.5" level it did change the angle of my UCA and move it further away from the tire, so that helped. Once new tires were mounted they measured out at 34.75" x 11.8" wide or so. 11.8" wide mounted compared to maybe 10.8" or 11" mounted on stock tires made the tires move .5" closer to UCA, but with new angle of UCA after level it clears just fine. I have anywhere from 5/8" to 3/4" of space now between ball joint/UCA and tire side.

the 34.75" mounted tire didn't rub anywhere else. Nice gap between the tire when turning both directions at full lock. Only place i had touching was when reversing while turning the tires to the left. The passenger front tire would catch the thin wheel liner a bit, so I chopped a small piece off and all is well.

I've had "35x12.5" tires in the past and they've always seemed to measure about 34"x 12.5" wide. Actually had Nitto Ridge Grapplers that measured closer to 13.5" wide side wall to sidewall. But height was still around 34" mounted. The ko2's I believe will run a bit smaller than spec size say, so you should be fine with the added height of the tire.

Only place of concern will be with your offset and how much space you have between tire and UCA/ball joint.

jjones1642

Reaction score
Toyo open country m/t 35”. I had a little rub turning hard right. My body shop guy cut a little off the inside fender that you can’t see. No more rub.

Attachments

• 0E1AC24D-5F2B-462C-9051-51953C3AB9C8.jpeg
    0E1AC24D-5F2B-462C-9051-51953C3AB9C8.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 215

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have 295/65r20 Yokohama Geolandars and had to di some trimming with a 3" lift. I think you will have issues as well and will require trimming to eliminate any rubbing..

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
I have a rebel with a 2.5in lift and 35s and it rubs a little even after removing mud flap. Wheels have a big play too not just tires.

Dan Houle

Reaction score

View attachment 117823

I had my 2022 leveled last week with a 2" Ready Lift, spent a little more to get the new UCA. FYI, gonna keep my stock rims. The owner of the shop that did it said he thought I'd have no problems putting 35's on it. I checked the space between the tire & UCA before & after the level kit was installed & there is definitely more room.

I called my local Dodge dealer (not where I bought it, that's a whole other story) & spoke to them about Nitto Recon 35's. They actually came in cheaper than the shop that installed the level kit ($1768 installed OTD). They also are only gonna charge $125 to calibrate my speedometer when done, not a bad price to me. The dude I spoke also said he didn't think there'd be an issue with clearance. Only kicker is they are having a hard time finding the tires. But when they do, I'm gonna pull the trigger for sure, I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• 2022 after rebel pics.jpg
    2022 after rebel pics.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

bigramguy

Reaction score
Toyo open country m/t 35”. I had a little rub turning hard right. My body shop guy cut a little off the inside fender that you can’t see. No more rub.
You have any lift on this or is this stock? Looks good. I ordered the exact same.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A guy I work with has 35/12.5/20 K02s on his F150 stock wheels. Those things don’t even measure 34” tall on his truck. A great size for you would be 295/70/18 they will be taller than 35s and not as wide.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A guy I work with has 35/12.5/20 K02s on his F150 stock wheels. Those things don’t even measure 34” tall on his truck. A great size for you would be 295/70/18 they will be taller than 35s and not as wide.
^^^This is excellent advice. With 12.5's you will not be able to air down at all. You will rub the UCA's. Not airing down when off roading gives a very unpleasant ride and severely increases your chances at damaging your tires. The 295 70 18's will cure this problem on stock rims.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I’m on a 3.5” ready lift, on 20x10 -19 33” tires and full lock I rub . So no way that wouldn’t rub

Albertawwr

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Curious what kit you have and is it with or w/o air

Smashius

Reaction score
Threads like this are the reason I went 285/65, cause the 35s seem to require some trimming at a minimum.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i got 305/70/18 and i been good no rub or anything baja boss a/t 2.5 inch level didnt not cut or trim 😂 i melted the driver side alittle. so hen i off road i dont rub as much as i did but outside of going off road no issues… im gonna change my uca maybe it helps a bit

Nick57

Reaction score
35x12.50r20 M/T Baja Boss AT no spacers no lift. no rub at full turn on aero/normal and offroad 1. very slight at full turn in entry/exit. Just had to push the bulge of the front of the liners in, did not require trimming.

Attachments

• 20211021_175826.jpg
    20211021_175826.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread