5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers

Bambohunter

Reaction score
I know this has been asked and gone over a million times. I'm doing a 3.5" rough country lift this coming week to my 21 bighorn "non ORP". Id like to keep me factory wheels which are the night edition 20x9's. I need to get me tires ordered ASAP and cant decide on the size. I'm debating 285/65, 295/65, or 35/12.5. I don't mind doing minor trimming and I would prefer not to run spacers. I'm afraid the 285's will look to skinny. please give me your thoughts and post some helpful pictures if you have them. Thanks for the help.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure 12.5 will rub the UCAs on stock wheels without spacers. I’ve got 305s (12”) on +1mm wheels, and there’s less than an inch clearance between the tire inner sidewall and the UCA. 12.5 on +19mm stock wheels would put you an inch closer. You’d either rub or be very close.

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Sounds like I’d need 1/4” spacer at the very least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slicktop

Reaction score
Just had a 2" level installed on Friday and 35x15r20 Nitto's put on yesterday. UCA is free and clear on both sides, no spacers. I did have to do a little trimming of the fender liner but it was pretty minor. I have a set of 1.5" bolt on, hub centric spacers sitting here that I'm not sure if I'm going to use anymore. I'm actually concerned that I might have more fitment issues with spacrs on than I had with the minor trimming I had to do.

Bambohunter

Reaction score
How close are you to the upper arms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slicktop

Reaction score
It's close... 1/4" to 1/2". But I drove around doing figure eights with the windows down and the radio off after getting all my trimming done to erify I was good and then looked at the inside of the tire again and saw no evidence of rubbing. I was super concerned at first because I flat out refuse to use slip on spacers, so I'm relieved I'm good to go as it is.

slicktop

Reaction score
20210912_082106.jpg yep. Stock wheels. I took my time rounding out the corners of the wheel well liners a little at a time to get them to a simple radius instead of the stock hard 90 shape that was catching the edge of the tire, and ended up with this: 20210912_082212.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread