5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35s with no poke on a no-fender Big Horn

GTLimited

Reaction score
Are 35s possible on a Big Horn (no fender flares) with no poke?

By far, the most popular (for good reason IMO) setup I've seen for 35" tires is the Method 305s with a -12 offset ... mainly on Rebels. Like Shown.

I despise poke and the below setup looks like it would on a Big Horn.

Front-1.jpg

Back.jpg

Photo credit: Carli

mrclortho

Reaction score
I agree.

The issue is clearing the front ball joints with the inside of the tire and therefore having correct wheel backspacing (or offset). I will be installing 35x12.5 in the coming weeks and according to my measurements and calculations, I need at least 0.5" less backspacing than stock to run a 12.5 tire. I have larger ball joints so assume they are somewhat larger than stock, thereby reducing my clearance more. That put me at about 4.5" and with 9" wide wheels, the edge of the wheel will stick out just less than 2" more than stock.

The Methods in the pics above are 1 of 2, 18" wheel types I could find to meet that spec. I am going with those but all black unless the Black Rhino set I really want will work.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have any good pictures on me other than this one, but this is 35 x 11.5 on stock night package wheels (no flares). Pretty close to flush. The rear may be in just a touch due to track width, but close nonetheless. If you don't have flares and are looking for flush aftermarket wheels, something closer to a 0 offset is probably in order.

1689168833046.png

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are 35s possible on a Big Horn (no fender flares) with no poke?

By far, the most popular (for good reason IMO) setup I've seen for 35" tires is the Method 305s with a -12 offset ... mainly on Rebels. Like Shown.

I despise poke and the below setup looks like it would on a Big Horn.

Front-1.jpg

Back.jpg

Photo credit: Carli

-12 will have about 1" of poke with fender flares. It will be about 1 1/2" of poke on a Big Horn.

Users who are viewing this thread